When should i try another food?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health When should i try another food?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I tried to add Annamaet to my girls rotation. I think it’s a wonderful food from a very trustworthy company, but it just wasn’t for either of my girls. Both had excessive scratching. I went back to our to go to food which is NVI. Both girls do wonderful on all the varieties. How long should i keep them on this before trying to add a new food to our rotation. I noticed just a little over a week of feeding this and and they aren’t scratching as bad. I feed small bags so should i finish this bag and move on to something else or give it a little longer? Thanks in advance!

#59191 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

You want to wait until they are showing no more symptoms. If you go to soon and they start itching again, you really don’t know if it is because of the new food or because all the histamines haven’t cleared yet.

#59221 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I agree with the Nut.

When my sensitive dog reacts to something, I switch him back to something I know works and leave him on it for a bit longer than I ordinarily would, so that I know the histamine has cleared before I switch him again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.