🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Susan
    Participant

I’ll have Patch 2 years 20th November, its also his birthday, I rescued him on his kill day & birthday……last year for his 5th brthday we had a little doggy party at the local dog park, I was just wondering what have other people ever given or done for their pups birthday….

#55477 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

This was my Moose on his first birthday. My son and I had a party for him. He opened all his presents. He loved his hat too! 🙂

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u182/Sidney0805/moosew_bdayhat.jpg

I don’t really do anything except buy and wrap presents for Bailey. She’s not real good at opening presents, though.

#55484 Report Abuse
    Dori

I’m afraid my dogs think that every day is their birthday so everyday is special and lots of fun times, toys, treats, you name it. It just gets ramped up on their actual birthdays and since I have three dogs it can be lots of fun, funny chaos times around here. I’ve spoiled them to the very best of my ability! 😉 LOL!!!

Cyndi. I wrap presents but have to be on the floor with them as they play with the packages before ever opening them. Then they try to eat the wrapping paper so, of course, it adds to the hysterics taking the paper away. Just like little kids, they prefer the boxes, wrapping paper, etc. I guess it’s the crinkling and crackling of the paper. They also have toys that the stuffing is that sound that they love. The think the toys are actually the package.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Dori.
    #55502 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Cyndi & Dori, Cyndi, I love the photo of Moose & his cone party hat, he looks like he has lipstick around his lips, you know how u see some old ladies when they put their red lipstick above their lips in the movies, LOL….

Dori, yes everyday is like a birthday, but they deserve it….. I got an idea from Cyndi’s photo, I might go & get photos done together as I only have selfys that I’ve taken…we normally have a photo done with santa at Xmas, but that has Santa in the middle……they’re very lucky dogs…

#55519 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Sue, it is so wonderful of you to have rescued Patch on his birthday (and NOT-kill day)!

For Bruno, we really don’t know when his Birthday is. Our “gotcha” day is July 27th. He was starting to teethe (get adult teeth) so he could’ve been 5-6 months at the time. If we assume he was 5.5 months on July 15th, his Birthday would be February 14th/15th. Although we were told he was around 4 months. So his birthday would be in March… We think his birthday is anything between March 1st and April 30th, and this is a wiiiiide guesstimate. We had told the Vet April 30 mistakenly. But I’m now thinking it may be closer to mid-March. I really want to be making him some special meals on “Gotcha” Day and his birthday (if I ever set on a date for that, lol). Like, use some THK recipes Bobby Dog posted in the Cat food thread and add meat and other goodies, and make him a mini doggie-friendly cake or something… But so far we just give him love, hugs, kisses, food, chews, and toys every day…

So nothing special so far, but I am really into trying to make him a “Thanksgiving Dinner” for Thanksgiving with turkey as the basis of the main course, with some THK Turkey, cranberries (dried), eggs and green beans, and make that in some form of a pattie or loaf or something, and for dessert, a chickpea flour crust in a tiny tart-size pie plate, and put some mixed canned pumpkin with cooked sweet potato and a pinch of cinnamon and a tsp of organic honey, and make him a tiny pumpkin-and-sweet-potato pie, lol! I would love to do that! 🙂

#55522 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Naturella, yes I was thinking of making a healthy doggy cake or like you said a tart with pumkin then freezing the rest of the cake in sections & then take out & use as a treat…..now I just have to find a recipe for a gluten & wheat free cake…

#55523 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Sue, if I stumble upon something, I’ll let you know!

I know I read somewhere of (or maybe talked with a friend about) a “cake” of layered hamburger patties, raw, lightly, or fully cooked, with mashed potatoes in between (but made doggie-friendly – with coconut oil instead of butter, maybe some plain yoghurt for cream, and just a pinch of salt, not much), and served decorated with frozen or fresh carrots/carrot slices, green beans, and peas, and made to look like a cake! That should work for a dog Patch’s size or bigger, but not for Bruno, lol. But, I don’t think Patch can have potatoes, so you may need to find out another “cream layer” if you were to do that.

I will probably make this once we have a bigger dog though. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.