šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Beachin
    Participant

Hi, I have absolutely had it with the Petsmart Store in my city. They are lazy, over priced and rude. I swore when I left there today to never shop there again. An item that was 9$ at Walmart was $19.00 there and it was “on sale”!!! I left the the item at Walmart because I looked it up on my cell phone and saw it on the first page of a sale advertisement… Checking out at Walmart takes for ever not to mention just parking and walking the length of the store. So, to have to go back in there on my day off AGAIN, just wasn’t gonna happen…. So, here is my question, I am unable to find the canned Simply Nourish Dog food anywhere to purchase on the internet. What food is similar in looks, natural Looking fresh looking chicken, fish etc… And that the dogs will eat. I was mixing this with their dry food…. Please help me on this. I have tried a lot of other food… This one has really worked…

#14342 Report Abuse
    BryanV21
    Participant

As far as quality Weruva is very close, if not a bit better.

#14351 Report Abuse
    Beachin
    Participant

Does it look the same, I mean like real food?

#14355 Report Abuse
    Beachin
    Participant

That was a great suggestion but I’ve been searching where to purchase it since and there are very limited places on line, two are out, one wants $20 just to deliver it. The only other dog food place is 11 miles away. I would go there but they don’t carry it… So, more suggestions please….

#14358 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Wag.com carries Weruva: http://www.wag.com/buy/Animal=dog?s=Weruva. You’d get 15% off of your first order, assuming you’ve never ordered from them before; and you get free shipping on orders over $49.

#14393 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Tiki Dog and Addiction have some canned foods that have similar fat and protein levels to Weruva. You could also just try any other 5 star canned food, if your dog did well on Simply Nourish I’m sure most of the 5 star formulas would work out. Like Betsy said, however you may have to order online if there are specific brands you are looking for and have limited local options. Wag is great – you may also want to check out NaturalK9 Supplies, Petflow, K9 Cuisine and Doggie Food. They all offer free shipping as well.

#14404 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

I love Simply Nourish, too, but also use Weruva and just started Tiki Dog (local petshop just started carrying it). Some other good canned foods, imo, are Instinct and Wellness Stew. TOTW’s canned food is decent and lower priced. I try to stay away from foods with carageenan. I know about the BPA in cans, too, so some days the dogs get freeze dried raw on top of their kibble to lessen the exposure.

#14857 Report Abuse
    Beachin
    Participant

What is TOTW? Is it or does it look real like the Simply Nourish? That is what gets my dogs to eat it… Thanks. Now have to buy as I am almost out…

#14863 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Responses to this post have disappeared.

#14905 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Reposting some non pate-style wet food 3-5 stars:

Earthborn Holistic tubs
    VitaLife tubs
    Ol’Roy tubs
    Blues Stews, Family Favorites
    Merrick
    Wellness Stews
    Nature’s Variety Prairie Stews
    Nutrisca & Dogswell
    Fromm 4 star Nutritionals

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u651/pugmomsandy/pictures%20for%20posting/IMG_6547_zps4472cbb4.jpg

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u651/pugmomsandy/pictures%20for%20posting/IMG_6558_zps1a69d081.jpg

Nutrisca

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u651/pugmomsandy/pictures%20for%20posting/IMG_6560_zps3f0db980.jpg

#14906 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

I haven’t fed canned food in so long that I forgot how nasty it looks. I always preferred the loaf types – that way I didn’t have to draw comparisons to human food in my head lol

#14910 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I feel the same way.

BTW, Taste of the Wild is commonly abreviated TOTW. Someone did answer, but that post disappeared.

#79903 Report Abuse
    Alex p

I think Beneful Dry Dog Food, Healthy Weight, is the closest food to Simply Nourish Canned Dog Food.

#79907 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Beneful is a very low quality food.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.