šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lila

I have a 10yr old hound/pit mix. She has always had a sensitive stomach. I’ve tried various quality dog foods and she has done well on Merrick Limited Incrediant Turkey flavor. Now that Purina has bought them out I need to change foods. I’d like to stay in the same price range as the Merrick if possible. You all seem very knowledgable soooo, any suggestions?

#88908 Report Abuse
    anonymously

My dog likes Nutrisca Salmon and Chickpea, the Nutrisca Chicken is good too.
    Check Chewy.com, read the reviews.

#88909 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

My dogs with sensitive stomachs do well on Whole Earth Farms which is owned by Merrick, also do well on Pure Vita grain free Turkey. Pure Vita is owned by the same company as Nutrisource. It’s a bit expensive, but very good in my dogs’ opinion. 👍🏻

I, btw, still feed WEF and have not noticed any difference in the food since Purina’s investment in the company.

#88928 Report Abuse
    Diane K

Been researching this for a couple of days now…… finally narrowed it down to Nature’s Variety Limited Ingredient (single protein source) OR Zignature (single protein source, going to go w/ the Duck). Neither one of these has potato in it and in all the reading I have done if your dog has allergies you must stay away from potato.
    http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2013/07/01/pet-allergies.aspx

One of the employees at the pet food store recommended Merrick Limited Ingredient, Duck, and Izzie loved it BUT then I found the information about the potato so returned it.

#88932 Report Abuse
    Lila

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! I’m still doing research myself but you all have given me some options I didn’t know about. Thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.