What is best puppy and adult food for GSD

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum What is best puppy and adult food for GSD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Madelon H

I have a 12 month old solid black pure breed GSD. He weighs about 90lbs and is gorgeous. After researching dog food I have decided I want to switch him to a high quality food – he’s currently on royal canine GSD puppy. He had trouble with diarrhea as a puppy and when I put him on the royal canin he did better. He’s been tested for the genetic disorder regarding his digestive system (name escapes me now) and doesn’t have it but I still worry about their sensitive stomachs. I’m thinking of blue buffalo grain free for large breed, merrick and wellness core – does it matter if it doesn’t specifically say large breed on the bag or are these foods so good it works for all. I was thinking the large breed formulas would have more nutrients for hips and joints. PLEASE help I’m driving myself crazy with research!

#69779 Report Abuse
    GSDMom

Hi Madelon H, I don’t think it matters if it says ‘large breed’ but I could be wrong. I’ve used Acana a lot with my GSD and that was a great one, too. I’ve been researching for almost 7 years and I feel like my head has exploded 1,000 times. I hope there will be some more opinions here soon!

#69780 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

Since you are a member of Editor’s choice, a good starting point is to pick a few brands from the list here, and start rotating through them. There are other brands I like NOT on editor’s choice, but it’s a good resource with a lot of information

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.