🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JANIS F

I’ve started my 5 english setters on Victor about 1 month ago. Gradually weened them from Evangers (which they did marvelous on) The two senior dogs (15 1/2 and 11 1/2) on senior food, are doing well, however, the others are different. I’m still doing 1/2 and 1/2 of both foods for the others. The 8 and 5 year old are fine, but the 3 year old that is actively showing and in great coat, has to be enticed to eat food, (I put a little bit of can food on top) and now has diarrhea often. I have them on the 5 star Hi-Pro. Any advise? Should I go back to Evanger’s for her? She’s in the top ranking of English Setters (#1 Owner Handler and #12 in breed standing at only 3) I don’t want her condition to change!! She’s never turned her nose up at food before, she’s not in season or anywhere near going into season. HELP!!

#67919 Report Abuse
    Jane E

I think I would quickly go back to what was working. In the meantime closely compare the ingredient list between the two foods and try to nail down what may be so different and objectionable…maybe a different fat source that she is having trouble digesting? I used to spend a lot of time trying to make something work…or thinking that it eventually would,but I rarely do that anymore…and with a dog that is actively being shown there is too much too loose to continue on with something that is working well all around.

#68004 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Even though I’m not a fan of Evanger’s I’d go back to it for now if it was working so well due to her being shown. I used to feed Evanger’s a lot (and so did the breeder I got my dogs from). I still like the way their food looks on paper, but after the owners’ dubious activities I’ve not used them on principle. I am a firm believer in feeding what works, though, and monitoring the dog for clues that the food should be changed. I do also like Victor dog food. Currently, I feed either Wellness, Nature’s Variety or Fromm, along with Stella and Chewy’s freeze dried. Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.