šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SummerRainAussies
    Participant

My dogs have done really well on the Victors grain free and their high pro plus formula. They have perfect poop which is somewhat hard to come by with one of my girls.
    My only concern is the company (Mid America Pet Food). They seem to ignore emails that they simply don’t want to answer. Does anyone know the quality of the company?

I decided to try Annamaet 32/20 because I love the company and their quality control but it gave my dogs soft gross poop with a yellow tinge to it. Maybe I simply didn’t give it to them long enough.

#94280 Report Abuse
    Stephanie M

I emailed them with questions and they replied within several hours, and they continued to correspond gratefully. They were very helpful..Maybe you typed in an incorrect email address??

#94284 Report Abuse
    SummerRainAussies
    Participant

Oh I absolutely have the right email. After a few emails I got a little snarky with them and they called me. Now they email me back fine. To be fair I do ask a lot of questions that may be hard for them to answer.

#94341 Report Abuse
    Stephanie M

LOL!!! Gotta be persistent!!!

#94343 Report Abuse
    Susan W

I tried their food because it’s manufactured reasonably close to me. I also called and spoke to them one day to ask questions. When I called back about something, they ducked my calls. I didn’t think I was THAT bad!
    Anyway, I wasn’t terribly impressed with their food. It didn’t smell fresh and my little mutt wouldn’t eat it.
    If you’re ever interested in trying something else, check out Verus. Their food smells fresh all the way to the bottom of the bag. Even the formulas that are made with fish! VeRus will send you free samples if you contact them. They prefer email correspondence but are very efficient & knowledgeable with replies. They’ve never had a recall, either. My dogs have done really well eating this food.

#94346 Report Abuse
    SummerRainAussies
    Participant

Hi Susan,

Are you a rep for Verus? I am just curious. I see on MANY posts you are always promoting Verus foods.

I have looked into Verus a couple times and its very low in protein and very high in carbs. They use way to much “pea like” ingredients for my liking. Not a food I would personally feed my dogs but if it works for you than great!

I think Victors has some great foods but the company is not the best. They aren’t transparent like you said. They ditch questions they don’t want to answer and a lot of the replys you get are not a real person.

#94373 Report Abuse
    Susan W

S/R Aussies – no, I’m not a VeRUS rep. I have just been so impressed with their customer service (sending samples instead of coupons), their company (gathered from the info on their website), the way my dogs have blossomed on their food, and the fact that they have a non-profit that helps both Veterans and rescue dogs.
    Yes, I promote VeRUS a LOT because I like to share my positive experiences. EVERY time I’ve had a question about my dogs’ (or my mom’s dog, or my friends’ dogs’) diet, I have gotten a response from VeRUS. A HUMAN response. And I have a lot of questions. If I sent Christmas cards, I’d send one to the VeRUS people – LOL.
    I started out feeding my dogs the Opticoat formula – which is fish-based. I’m now feeding their Life Advantage.
    What can I say? I gush. I get excited.
    Just for kicks, if you’ve never asked VeRUS for a sample, ask for one, open it, and take a big whiff. Then do the same with you dog’s food. I would never, ever recommend anyone taking a big whiff of commercial dog food. NASTY! But VeRUS doesn’t stink.
    I could go on & on & on, but I won’t.
    I will say, I know what VeRUS food has done for my dogs, and I have experience with holistic bug remedies, PAWZ dog booties, Benebones, and DERMAgic dog skin/coat remedies. I’m not in the employ of any of these companies but I have found their products to be so great that I tend to gush about them, too, when the opportunity presents itself.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.