šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    That-One-Guy

I was doing some research on Dawn being used as a flea killer and the results were kinda mixed, if not leaning towards positive. This summer I gave my dog a bath with a couple teaspoons of Dawn, about 3 baths in 4 and a half months. It seems to do an ok job for about a week or two then the fleas come back. While I was doing research, everyone was saying how natural Dawn was and from looking at the ingredients on their website it is far from natural. Anyways I wanted to know how other peoples experiences were with Dawn.

Ps I’ve been using the original Ultra Dawn blue bottle, I’m still not quite sure what the difference is between ultra and regular, if somebody knows could you please share?

#79395 Report Abuse
    Anonymous

Dishwashing liquid kills fleas? What do you think? I don’t think so.
    Bathing may reduce the numbers of fleas temporarily, but it provides no lasting protection, and dogs with flea allergies will continue to suffer if they are not protected from flea exposure.
    If you have carpeting in your home, you may have to get it professionally treated (fumigation), fleas love carpeting. Hope this helps.

Also, have you tried the search engine here, for example /forums/topic/hartz-flea-shampoo-advice/

#79396 Report Abuse
    That-One-Guy

From all the so called natural remedies i’ve seen Dawn mixed with some vinegar always comes up as a good option for people. But thanks for replying and posting that link.

#79400 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Yes, Dawn will kill the fleas that exist on the dog, but so will any shampoo. It doesn’t have to be marketed to kill fleas. They will die from ingesting it. However, Red is right, Dawn does not actually do anything to repel them and over time using Dawn too much, will cause your dogs skin to dry out. This is knowledge I got while working as a bather at a grooming salon.

#151568 Report Abuse
    Walter P
    Participant

Use your knowledge of the flea existence cycle to cast off an infestation.
    Treat the surroundings well with the aid of vacuum frequently for several weeks and carefully washing bedding and toys in warm soapy water to remove eggs, larvae, and pupae.

Bear in mind to seal and remove vacuum bags after a cleaning session.

You can even encourage quicker emergence of the remaining pupae with a humidifier and boom within the home temperature.

Once all the hibernating pupae have emerged, you may ensure they’re all destroyed.

The family may be cautiously treated with sprays and foggers. Deal with adults fleas living on your puppy with shampoos, sprays, dips, or spot-on medicinal drugs.

When you have any questions or worries, specifically in regard to your puppyā€™s health or age, your veterinarian will let you make the excellent choice of treating your pet.

Fleas can be hard to dispose of, but in case you are vigilant and use the proper chemical substances in a secure and powerful way, you will be victorious.

Just make certain to deal with all of the areas where your pet spends time, car and backyard inclusive.

Source: flea treatments for dogs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.