šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lance B

I was on petfooddirect, looking around at their puppy foods for the Great Dane pup I’ll be picking up in 3 weeks. I stumbled across NutriSource’s Large Breed Puppy Food, which has – to this point in my research – the most optimal dietary matrix for giant breeds (according to the research I’ve read, some of which Hound Dog Mom has posted). I then ventured over to dogfoodadvisor to make sure it was a 4 or 5 star quality food. It was here that I found the following statement:

“If we ignore the fact one product (Large Breed Puppy) still contains corn gluten meal to boost its protein percentage, this looks like the profile of a kibble containing a moderate amount of meat.”

However, that does not appear to be the case when you examine the ingredients of Nutrisource’s large breed puppy food:
    http://www.nutrisourcedogfood.com/nutrisource/products/large_breed_puppy

#49704 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Looks like this food was last reviewed in March 2013. Reviews are done approximately every 18 months. Therefore, due in about another month. I think it would be nice if you made your comment under the actual review so that people researching the food could see the new information that you are providing.

#49714 Report Abuse
    Lance B

Yup, I was aware of the last update.

Just providing the feedback the site creator asked for in the making of this forum…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.