Transitioning Food to Grainless

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Transitioning Food to Grainless

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Karen J

Because of the pre struvite crytals:

Freshpet Vital – Grain Free, a roll you keep in fridgy topped with BB wild cuts – she finally seems to eat that and BB Wilderness.

Last night and this morning I gave her Freshpet topped with wild cuts…but she left a puddle of pee no far from where she eats. She has a dog door and I’d let her out from where there is grass and she peed there 15 minutes early…any thoughts from this well informed group?

#55190 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

When you have urinary issues, you have accidents.

#55192 Report Abuse
    Karen J

Makes sense, thanks.

#55196 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Sorry I’m not more help, but hopefully within a couple days all the things you are trying to do to help her will kick in and work and the sudden urge to pee will quit.

#55222 Report Abuse
    Karen J

You’re very helpful, but she is so picky, now the only thing she will eat is Freshpet Vital Beef Bison formula with BB Wilderness topping. At least Unleashed carries it. I bought PH strips and gave her Vit C – waiting for d-monnase to arrive. I use boiled chicken breast in bit and pieces to train with.

I wish I could find a vet I really liked and trusted near me in North Hollywood and surrounding areas, that isn’t too outrageously expensive. Anybody have any clues on that?

#55226 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Of any dog trait, I think pickiness is the hardest to deal with. Good luck!

#55231 Report Abuse
    Karen J

If it wasn’t so irritating it would be funny. From rescue that would eat anything to princess in 8 months 🙂

#55236 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

She knows when she has it good!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.