šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    patvl246
    Participant

Does anyone have information on this company. My main concerns are the quality of the food and the sanitary conditions of their preparation site. Think they are located in Maryland

#56094 Report Abuse
    Kristin C

What company are you referring to patvl246? Your query does not identify it.

#56096 Report Abuse

I think they are referring to the raw company.

#56098 Report Abuse
    Kristin C

Yes and OMG sorry because I have never heard of it. Just thought you might be looking for a Top Quality raw food. On first glance, it’s not a food I would feed my dogs. As far as I’m concerned, top quality is where you know where it comes from and prepare it yourself.

#56103 Report Abuse
    patvl246
    Participant

Sorry for not posting the name of the company.
    “Top Quality Dog Food” is the companies name. Thanks all

#57576 Report Abuse
    Bryan C

Hi Folks, we live in Massachusetts and just picked up an order from Top Quality Dog Food This past Saturday @ Kmart Parking lot and tried the mix with bone and my guys won’t eat it. I have 3 logs of the Antibiotic Free ground Turkey with Bone and 4 logs of the Bell and Evans Ground Chicken with Bone.

If anyone in the area is interested that feeds this to their dog/cats at a reduced rate. Paid $37.00 for (4) of the 5 Lb logs of the Bell and Evans ground chicken with bone .. will sell the ( 4 ) logs for $28.00 . I Have 3 logs of the Koch Antibiotic free Turkey with bone .. paid $35.00 will sell the 3 logs for $20.00
    email me @ just_me0063@yahoo.com

#65198 Report Abuse
    Margaret G

I have been feeding products from TQDF for years. The company is located in Maryland, close to where we live. I began feeding their foods early in the com[any’s development and the product is absolutely superior. My vet uses his food!

If your dogs won’t eat the product with bone, I’d try mixing a little of it with whatever they have been eating and add more slowly. You can’t beat the quality or the price.

#65202 Report Abuse
    patvl246
    Participant

Thanks for posting on TQDF Margaret, I’ve have been feeding my English Mastiff their product for about 5 months now. In the past I’ve used Darwins and Hare Today, but the shipping charges were getting out of hand. My dog seems to enjoy TQDF, the price is much better, I just didn’t have any feed back on the company or the product, so thanks

#65372 Report Abuse
    Margaret G

Pat, Glad to be of help. I’m picking up an order tomorrow. He is a devoted dog lover and, while this is a business, it is also a passion. You should have no worries about the quality of the product. I’m so happy to have him. To duplicate his food would cost a fortune.
    Margaret

#65384 Report Abuse
    patvl246
    Participant

My 240 pound English Mastiff seems to love the food, thanks again Margaret.
    Pat

#75356 Report Abuse
    Dina H

My dogs love this company’s food…I use the beef with tripe HVM (healthy variety mix), pork HVM, lamb HVM, duck HVM, chicken hvm. They love it all but esp the beef with tripe. I pick up my monthly supply in Quakertown and I know that they deliver to New England and New Jersey as well.

I will also use the Honest Kitchen dehydrated mix called Kindly and add this to their food…soak it well for 20 min to rehydrate and then I mix the raw with the Kindly. That product has the following ingredients and it is the only dog food out there that is HUMAN grade:

“Dehydrated carrots, organic flaxseed, dehydrated parsnips, dehydrated peas, dehydrated celery, dried organic coconut, dehydrated pumpkin, dehydrated chard, dehydrated organic kelp, dried marjoram, dried garlic, tricalcium phosphate, choline chloride, zinc amino acid chelate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, potassium iodide, potassium chloride, iron amino acid chelate, copper amino acid chelate, thiamine mononitrate.”

#75358 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Dina,
    To correct you, Weruva canned is also the other food that is human grade.

#86716 Report Abuse
    Zachary B

Patvl246–

Hi. I am Zach, Peter’s (TQDF owner) son. I was browsing the web and noticed your post on Dogfoodadvisor.com. Thank you for bringing us up as a topic!

Our company is a family-owned and operated raw pet food manufacturer and distributor (we only distribute our products). All of our products are hormone, antibiotic, and additive free. We are strict to keeping our meats to their natural state; that is why we do NOT add any supplements, hormones, antibiotics, or additives to our meats. All of our snacks are air dried to keep the moisture and blood (aka flavor) in our snacks.

Our production facility is cleaned daily, after every use, and whipped down before the change of product during production periods to maintain food safety. Our production room is temperature controlled at 40 (forty) degrees Fahrenheit to prevent bacteria growth during the production periods. All inventory is maintained in our freezer at a 0 (zero) degrees Fahrenheit.

For our vendors–we use several local vendors for our meats. Our biggest are Metropolitan Poultry and Seafood (http://metropoultry.com/), C&C Meats (http://www.ccmeatsales.com/), Maple Leaf Farms (http://www.mapleleaffarms.com), and Koch Turkey Farms (http://www.kochsturkey.com/), SVO Chicken (http://www.svorganic.com/). Our Vegetables and fruits are sourced from Keany Produce Co.(http://www.keanyproduce.com/) and Bowie Produce Co. Inc (http://www.bowieproduce.com/).

If you are ever in the area feel free to stop by. If you’d like to personally talk to me you can email me at zachary@topqualitydogfood.com.

One last thing, we are currently working on an actual website that will answer all yours–and many others–questions about who we are and where we source our meats, vegetables, and fruits.

I hope you find this helpful!

#105400 Report Abuse
    citydog

I have fed TQDF for a number of years now (six? more?) as have many of my dog sport friends and family. It’s a super high quality product, and as you can see from Zach’s reply above, still a small business with real, reachable humans running it.

I have been consistently impressed with the quality, and my dogs have done wonderfully on it.

#114632 Report Abuse
    Sloane K

Pat-

Can you update us how your pet has been doing since introducing them to Top Quality? Thanks in advance.

#115186 Report Abuse
    Sloane K

Very helpful info! I feed my yellow lab rescue a homemade raw diet but have been thinking of switching to a name brand. Might give Top Quality a try.

#120288 Report Abuse
    Kellie B

I have been feeding Top Quality Dog Food for about a month now. I love the packaging, food and customer service. Whatever I need Zach is there to help. The food is high quality and I see a difference in my boys already. I have 2 English Mastiff’s. One is very picky and has MAJOR stomach issues. He has not thrown up nor had loose stool since on this food. I am very pleased and feel good feeding them both this food.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.