🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I just read on Dr. Jean Dobbs blog that she recommends thuja and lysine to ur dog the day before, the day of,and the day after the rabies vaccine. Have u ever heard of this and how much would I give a 7lb dog?Really need some advice! Thanks

#52643 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Should be lyssin

#52644 Report Abuse
    Vicky S

I take lysine but have never heard of lyssin

#52645 Report Abuse
    Vicky S

reading a lot about for cats but not dogs? this interesting to me..

#53121 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Weezerweeks,

I have started reading up on that as Bruno got his rabies shot today. I am getting him some belladonna to help with some growling he’s exhibiting, and some thuja maybe too later on, to have handy for 2017’s rabies round. But I will get it in 2017, so it is fresher. 🙂

Either way, I believe in homeopathic remedies, so we will see, hope they work for you too!

As for dosing, I read that it is highly individual – one pellet may cure an elephant, and 10 can cure a mouse. So this article:
    http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/12-homeopathic-remedies/
    advises that you give 1, 3, or 5, until it works, and in some time just stop if there are no results.

#53124 Report Abuse
    Dori

Good article Naturella. Thanks.

#53127 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Thank you, Dori! I really have a lot to learn myself about natural/homeopathic remedies for an overall more chemical-free lifestyle for humans and pets alike, but I’m working on it! 🙂

#53129 Report Abuse
    Dori

I think so long as we’re breathing we should be learning. What is that old saying? You should try to learn one new thing every day. ☺️

#53131 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Yes! So true! 🙂 And I love learning new things – in all aspects of life. 🙂 Education + experience provide great learning opportunities. And a lot of education can come from all kinds of sources – from experience too. 🙂

#53139 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Lysine is given to minimise or control viral responses. I think it is an immune booster rather than working directly against the virus. As an example, I have a cat born with feline herpes, which when active can cause all kinds of issues including eye ulcers. To keep the FH under control, she gets a dose of lysine twice daily. I have heard of people keeping it on hand and taking it at the first sign of cold or flu. They say they don’t become severe. Some say it shortens the time they have it. I think if it really worked that well for cold or flu that you have already caught, we’d be hearing a lot more about it. But I do know my cat hasn’t had an outbreak of FH.

I agree about learning new things all the time. Living things are either growing or they are dying, scientific fact. I’ll encourage my brain to keep growing. I’ve met too many of the ones whose brains are dying.

ETA: I’ve never heard of lyssin either.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by theBCnut.
    #53171 Report Abuse
    Vicky S

I take Lysine for mouth sores, its great…works better then any drs. medicine..

Lyssin is what they are talking about in this post. I contacted the website and they explained it to me…

#55579 Report Abuse
    Denise A

I got some Lyssin at elixirs.com. They have different kinds. Here is a link: http://www.elixirs.com/prodSearch.cfm?ProductName=rabies&ProductCategory=All+Categories

#55585 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Thanks for the links!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.