Superfood

Dog Food Advisor Forums Raw Dog Food Superfood

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    a c

Hello,
    I have been reading this forums for a while now. It really convinced me to start feeding my i dog raw and I thank all of you for that.
    Right now Im trying to find a nice superfood mix. I came across this and was wondering what people think about it. I didn’t come across any ingredients which are harmful. It is called pHresh Greens Raw Alkalizing Superfood. http://shop.phreshproducts.com/phresh-greens-1-month-supply/
    The diet I feed my dog looks like this. He is a male, 55lb 9 month old pit mix.
    AM – 1lb chicken grind
    PM – 1lb chicken grind
    – 1/2lb of tripe and eggs every 2-3 days
    – Carlson cod liver oil, 1 pill every 2 days
    – Carlson salmon oil, 1 pill every day
    – Coconut oil, 4-5 teaspoon every day
    – apple cider vinegar, 1 garlic clove 2-3 times a week.
    I am trying to find good superfood mix and also to supplement with some probiotics, either kefir or yoghurt. I can get them both from the farmers market. Would that be necessary or any store-bought will be just fine?
    Thank you

#68986 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi ac-
    I don’t have a lot of knowledge of super foods, but Id like to bump up your post to see if that will help get you some opinions. It looks good to me.
    I add a tsp a few times per week of Nu-Pet Granular Greens made by Ark Naturals to my dogs’ food. They really like it.
    Hopefully you will get some good advice and opinions from this site. I believe that http://www.dogaware.com may have some information on green super foods as well. Take care!

#68995 Report Abuse
    Jennifer H

I bought the “Only Natural Pet Super Daily Greens”. I really like the ingredients, & that they tell you the amounts of each ingredient. I mix it with kefir and Toby slurps it up. It is VERY green though, aha. It’s a bit pricey, but I signed up for their email alerts and was able to score a $5 off coupon when it was already on sale. Just had to pay their dang $6.99 shipping charge.

I think store-bought would be fine, but I bet from the farmers market would be much higher quality. I just use Lifeway kefir from Walmart, though.

Will you be adding new proteins to his diet?

#68997 Report Abuse
    a c

Thank you for your replies.
    Crazy4cats- the nupet by ark seems to be good. It has some good ingredient and is specifically for dogs. Might look in to that.
    Jennifer- that’s what I thought aswel. Kefir bought from farmers market should be better. I am going to try it out. They are only here on Saturdays so I have to wait for them. As for adding more proteins, I am going to go with Turkey after I am done with the chicken mix I have. I don’t think I will by a grind though. Instead I want to balance his meal myself. To the diet he has now, I think he can do with a bit more food. I’m thinking of throwing in 1-2 chicken thighs with bone aswel as some chicken breast just to up the amount of food he gets. I might have to add some liver with that too. He still is a puppy and I feel like he is a bit skinny and could do with a bit more food. He is fairly active aswel. I might go for about 2.5-3 lbs food per day.

#69014 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I get supergreens in bulk from Swansons and mix my own usually, because most supergreens for humans have green tea in them. I couldn’t read the ingredient list on your product, so I don’t know if it has green tea, but that’s the common ingredient to avoid for dogs. Good luck!

#69063 Report Abuse
    a c

Serving Size: 1 tsp. (5g)
    Amount Per Serving %DV
    Calories 15
    Sodium 5 mg < 1%
    Potassium 60 mg 2%
    Total Carbohydrate 2 g 1%
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 4%
    Protein 1 g 2%
    Vitamin A 1088 IU 25%
    Vitamin C 4.2 mg 8%
    Vitamin K 51 mcg 70%
    Folate 7 mcg 2%
    Calcium 28 mg 4%
    Iron 1.4 mg 8%
    Magnesium 4.1 mg 2%
    Selenium 1 mcg 2%
    Organic Parsley powder 712 mg *
    Organic Spirulina 445 mg *
    Organic Wheat grass whole leaf 415 mg *
    Organic Oat grass whole leaf 415 mg *
    Organic Barley grass whole leaf 415 mg *
    Organic Alfalfa grass whole leaf 415 mg *
    Organic Spinach 298 mg *
    Organic Alfalfa sprout 282 mg *
    Organic Collard powder 267 mg *
    Organic Broccoli sprout powder 237 mg *
    Organic Barley grass juice 208 mg *
    Organic Oat grass juice 208 mg *
    Organic Chlorella 193 mg *
    Organic Wheat grass juice 178 mg *
    Organic Alfalfa grass juice 178 mg *
    Organic Kale powder 134 mg *

#69083 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

That’s a good one!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.