Something entirely unrelated to dog food.

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum Something entirely unrelated to dog food.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 364 total)
  • Author
    theBCnut

Just thought I’d share something my dad shared with me.
    http://faithtap.com/2120/jeanne-robertson-why-you-dont-send-husband-grocery-shopping/

#59707 Report Abuse
    Dori

OMG!!!!! BC this is hysterical. I near wet myself. I may not actually be from the South but I’ve been here for 13 years so all of it rings true. Her husband coming home with the groceries is just too darn funny. I’m passing it along to all my Southern gal pals. 🙂

#59708 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

LOL! She’s so cute! I bet she has lots of funny stories to tell. I’ve spent my share of time living in the South as well…, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi. I’ll share that with my parents also. My mom’s an old Southern hall from way back when.

#59710 Report Abuse
    Naturella

This is soo funny, cute, and Southern! Hahaha, so GA-like! 😀

#59711 Report Abuse
    Kristin C

Funny! Thanks for sharing.

#60107 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Well we seem to have survived the California “superstorm” anyway. We were lucky; we had no leaks or power outages. It has been raining on and off today but nothing too bad. Everyone on the East Coast is probably scoffing at California right now for getting so freaked out about rain.

#60108 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

If they are, they have never lived where wildfires climbed the canyon wall right by your house last year and mud slides are threatening to bury it this year. I’m not the least bit afraid of wind and rain, but a wall of mud and rock is a whole nother kettle of fish.

I’m glad you and yours are OK.

#60109 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

We actually haven’t had wildfires in this near my house in a few years, but there are some places that have been rampant with them. It’s been so dry that this summer the fire danger was extremely high. We’ve gotten off to a good start for rain this year, so hopefully it’ll keep up. Yesterday was pretty extreme though.

#60139 Report Abuse
    Dori

People on the East coast don’t realize the devastation that a rain storm after a long draught in Cali can cause. I’ve lived through mud slides before and they are so frightening. They scare me more than the earthquakes ever did.

#60152 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’ll totally agree with Dori! As long as I’m not in the city standing in or under a tall building that is dropping parts, earthquakes are a piece of cake. Mudslides, no way!

#60156 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I hope I’m never in a mudslide, I’ve seen pictures of people being crushed by volcano lava and I no longer volcanoes are cool. I’ve been in minor and moderate earthquakes, but I’ve actually never been in a major one (knock on wood again). There were some places that got pretty affected by the storm, I saw a video of people Kayaking in a Safeway parking lot somewhere. Flooding aside, that actually sounds pretty fun!

#60159 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’ve slept through major earthquakes. I started talking in my sleep. “Mooooommmm! Make her stop shaking my bed!” True story!

#60163 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Oh gosh, lol. There was a moderate on last summer, but from where we were it was pretty minor. I still woke up though, and I thought I was going crazy, until the next morning I looked it up and realized there had been an earthquake.

#60974 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

We were washing Lily’s blanket last night, and somehow her Kong Goodie Bone (made from the same material as normal Kongs.) got into the washing machine with it and got waged for two cycles, one of them on hot. It doesn’t seem damaged or anything. Is it still okay to use?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Dog_Obsessed.
    #61008 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Yes, it’s just fine.

#61012 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Okay, thanks. It’s actually pretty funny. 😀

#61079 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

It will definitely be clean, well, right up until you give it back to her.

#61081 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Lol yeah. It actually had a few treats in it, which I took out and then rinsed the thing. I already gave it back to her with another two treats in it, and she spent a full 20 minutes or so trying to work them out. She got one out and little nibbles of the other. Her Goodie Bone and her regular Kong are both puppy versions, left over from when I was fostering senior dogs and wanted something softer on their teeth. I think the different Kongs for different life stages is purely marketing hype, and Lily has barely made a dent in either toy, so I think this “off-label use” is okay.

#61858 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I logged onto my email and had a strange set of emails coming from the Homemade Dog Treats thread . There were email alerts from BCnut’s and Dori’s posts yesterday that are no longer visible on the thread, then there were email alerts from what appeared to be posts by a troll with user’s personal information, then there was a post from Dori asking what was going on, all of which are visible in my email but not on the thread. This is scary, what is going on?!

#61859 Report Abuse
    Dori

Dog Obsessed. Dr. Mike is on top of it all and has taken care of the issue. The reason we’re getting the emails that were here is because we clicked on the button down below to be notified of any follow-up replies via email that were added to this thread. Dr. Mike has removed the troll posts. That’s the reason you’re still seeing them on your email but not here. Just delete them and don’t respond to the troll or on this DFA thread about them. If I get anymore I’ll forward them to Dr. Mike as he requested I do last night.

#61862 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Okay, thanks. I deleted the email.

#62401 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

5…4…3…2…1…HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!(For EST anyway. I got another 3 hours. 😛 )

Edit: Ooh yeah!!! First post in 2015!!!!!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Dog_Obsessed.
    #62409 Report Abuse
    Kristin C

Happy New Year! Second post in 2015.

#62410 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Happy New Year to all! 🙂 May it be better than 2014! I wish you all health and happiness, and the motivation and determination to achieve what you will, and the peace of heart and mind if you do not… For nobody’s perfect, we just do what we deem is our best. 🙂

#62411 Report Abuse
    jakes mom

Happy New Year everyone, hope you all had a fun safe NY eve. I’m on my way to work so no partying for me last night! 🙂

#62414 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Happy new year everyone!! Start this year as the best you and continue on as you mean to go. May this be a year of growth and renewal for all of us.

#62416 Report Abuse

Thank you! Happy New Year!

#62421 Report Abuse
    Dori

My wish is for all to have a happy, healthy and peaceful new year for yourselves and all your loved ones and remember……Don’t Look Back, That’s Not Where You’re Going. Please be safe. 🙂

#64601 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant
    #64602 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Oh my lord, how many do you have?? LOL

#64605 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Today I just have 7 dogs (6 pugs and 1 bulldog) and 7 chickens. Over Thanksgiving week, I had 14 boarding for other people.

#64609 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Wow, that’s house full! All those 7 are yours, or boarders?

#64611 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

3 are mine, 4 boarders (fosters).

#64613 Report Abuse

Those pics are so cute!

#64616 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Aww that’s great! How do you like fostering? Is it hard to see them go?

#64619 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I think that is one pack of dogs I wouldn’t be afraid to run into!! They look adorable, but my favorite is still the bath time pic. 😉

#64624 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

No, it’s not hard to see them go (for me). It’s like kid-sitting! I’ve been fostering for nearly 6 years now and over 260 dogs. I took all three for a holistic check up one year and it was $800 a piece! So, I don’t plan an owning any additional ones. Plus, my first pug is still my favorite.

#64626 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Wow, that’s amazing! Do you ever call any of them by a previous dogs name? :p Heck, I get my four mixed up all the time LOL can’t imagine having nearly 300 names going through my head!

Does whatever agency you work with help with medical and food expenses for your fosters? That’s the biggest thing with me. I would love to foster or raise service dogs later down the down the road, but I suppose it would depend mostly on finances if/when I was able to do it.

#64628 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I fostered for about a year before adopting Lily, and I would totally get the names confused when I had close to back-to-back fosters. It was an incredibly challenging and rewarding experience.

#64632 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

The rescue pays for everything including food if you request it. Since I taxi the pugs around town alot, they’ve also given me gas money. There is also a rescue store sort of local to me (70 miles away) where rescue folks can get food for dirt cheap. I volunteered to drive out there this past weekend to pick up a load to pass out to other fosters. You would need to email me direct for info on that. Somehow I’m really good with the dog names, it’s human people’s names I can’t remember! If I have 10 dogs here, I can remember them all. The bath photo was from several years ago and I can still remember 3 out 5 fosters’ names without looking them up – Harley David, Victor Newman and Lulu. I keep photo albums of all the fosters.

#64634 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I haven’t watched in many, many years, but I know that name Victor Newman!

#64635 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I’ve never watched that show either but I think it’s from The Young and the Restless!

#64636 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

It is, but I did use to watch! lol

#64638 Report Abuse

Sandy,
    The “Bath ” pic is hilarious -they are all precious.
    I salute you for fostering!
    You are the PUG-Meister.
    I confuse 2 names ,i can’t fathom remembering all the fosters names

#64732 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant
    #64737 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Well, if you’re making up meals, he doesn’t see why he can’t have one now…

#64738 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

OMG, cuteness overload! I get the exact same look while freezing Lily’s wet food. Or cooking. Or…eating. 🙂

#64743 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Lol well he gets one tomorrow! He already ate his ground pork tonight :p Usually it’s the cat I have to worry about when fixing up Bentleys meals. I tend to have to throw him scraps to keep him off the table LOL I about sat on him when I put the package of meat on the table and went to sit in the chair! I tend to get a lot of help in the kitchen and while eating… LOL

I want to get the cat on all raw here soon, as well. I gotta see how I handle it with Bentley. And I may not do completely raw, come to think of it, because I seems cats need a lot more per pound than dogs do. Might not be able to afford it. May just have to half and half balanced raw and canned or something like that.

#65106 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant
    #65750 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Just signed up with Azure Standard. They have a drop-off location near me and sell bulk items and organic chicken feed for alot cheaper than Amazon!

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 364 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.