šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Shasta220

I know pumpkin is a great addition for a dog lacking fiber, but is there a general rule of thumb for how much to add per pound (or 10-20lb, etc) of dog.

Also, I’m very curious about apple cider vinegar. On a FB page, there are several bull-breed owners who add acv, claiming it’s helpful for joints. I’d like to add some to my dogs’ diets, since it’s very cheap (even for raw/organic), and anything to further help my old girl is great.
    Is there anyone on here who gives their dog acv? If so, what are all the health benefits?

#35595 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Sorry, I can’t post links from my iPad, but there are two articles about ACV from Whole Dog Journal. I can find them later unless someone else posts them first.

#35605 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant
    #35609 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I use one heaping teaspoon of pumpkin per 10 lbs, but have heard of people with relatively small dogs giving a half can. That sounds like a crazy amount to me.

#35733 Report Abuse
    Shasta220

Patty, I was guessing the “norm” of about 1tsp per 10lb of dog. Wow, half can does sound like quite the amount! Don’t want tooooo much fiber in there. O.o

Thanks for those links, Sandy! Very helpful!

#42288 Report Abuse
    bryan c

I have a question about mixing the eggs usage (How much and how often) and a product I found ā€œUltra 24 milk replacerā€ is this a good product and ok to give a 8 week old puppy? he is a doberman 15 lbs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.