🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Recent Topics

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lois W

Have an elderly rescue chihuahua that survived starvation, heart worms, and HGE. Now feed Lamb and Rice small bread cans/dry Natural Balance but looking for grain free easy to digest lamb or chicken dry as well as can food that is five star. Have four special needs rescues including him.

#50390 Report Abuse
    Pat G

Fromm has an excellent wet food, low fat and good for the little guys. I feed one of my dogs Honest Kitchen Zeal, because his had a nasty bout of pancretitis. I feed the other two Honest Kitchen Thrive because of sever food allergies. If you go on the Fromm website I am sure you can get the information about their canned food for special needs, it is chicken based and I have heard really good things about it.

#50438 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Just to be clear…..Fromm doesn’t really make a special needs canned food, but it may be good to use for a special needs dog. They have 2 lines of canned food, the Gold and 4Star. The Gold is in pate form and the 4Star is a shredded form. I prefer the 4Star because it is lower fat and I believe fewer ingredients. It comes in Beef, Pork and Chicken. I use all 3 to top my dogs’ kibble. I do find that the Gold line is cheaper than the 4Star line, as well.

#50439 Report Abuse
    Lois W

Thanks Mom2Cav & Pat G that gives me a place to start.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics