šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris S
    Participant

Does anyone know of a DIY slushy treat mix that I can make to give my dog his medicines & supplements? I do mix them in with his dog food but he doesn’t eat sometimes so it goes to waste & he doesn’t get his supplements. I would like to have some sort of slushy mix that I could mix his powder supplements into that he would really like so much he eat it even if he didn’t eat his meal.

I say slushy, but it can be liquid as well. It would be easier to mix these powders in a slushy or liquid instead of regular food. Plus I would like something he would surely like. He likes things like turkey & chicken, & won’t turn down roasted chicken or turkey. He doesn’t choose beef as much as the poultry.

Thanks!

#87662 Report Abuse
    anonymously

Any veterinarian or vet tech can show you, just pop the pill down their throat and rub under the throat/neck area until you feel a gulp indicating that the medication has been swallowed.

I assume you are talking about medication that has been prescribed by a veterinarian that has examined the dog. Most supplements are a scam.

Regarding supplements: http://skeptvet.com/Blog/category/herbs-and-supplements/

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/supplements-and-safety/

#87663 Report Abuse
    Gloria K

I don’t give my dog any medication and I give him a treat that he absolutely loves and I found out that my friends dogs love them too so you might want to try this:
    1 ripe banana mashed
    1/4 Cup Greek yogurt
    1/4 Cup natural peanut butter

Mix it all together and refrigerate this will last about four or five days and you can hide his medication and a spoonful of this mixture

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.