Similar to Blue Buffalo

Dog Food Advisor Forums Canine Nutrition Similar to Blue Buffalo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ivan L

Hi
    I have been feeding my dog with Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe and he love it. However I’m looking to an alternative canned food to rotate the food and looking for an cheaper alternative.
    What dog food do you recommend to try that is similar in quality and consistency to Blue Buffalo?
    He is a 10 years old cocker spaniel and doesn’t like food with chunks 🙂

Thank you

#51605 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I haven’t used Blue Homestyle so I don’t know what that is like, but I use Merrick and some of their canned recipes are not too chunky and not pate, somewhere in the middle, especially the Working Dog Stew and Grammy’s Pot Pie.

#51636 Report Abuse
    LabsRawesome

Hi Ivan, Costco’s Nature’s Domain Turkey & Pea Stew sells for right around $20 for a case of 24 cans. It’s rated 5 stars on DFA. Here’s their site http://www.great-pet-supplies.com/natures-domain-brand My dogs also do well on Pure Balance Puppy cans from Walmart, $1 per can. 5 stars on this site as well. Also Tractor Supply’s 4health is 4 a star and is .99 per can. 😀

#51687 Report Abuse
    Ivan L

Thank you for all the suggestions.
    @LabsRaweson: Are the food you mentioned similar in quality to Blue Buffalo? The difference in price surprise me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.