šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jr S

OKay, so I am reaching out to those of you who have knowledge and experience underneath you.

To make a long sad story short,

Our puppy is Aussie/Border Collie/Rough Collie. He is now 5 months with a huge, abnormally large abdomen. He was suppose to be shipped to New York last December…that never happened. When I took him to the vet, they took xrays and told us 1 of 2 things; 1) he had abnormal kidneys OR 2) they had no idea why his abdomen was so enlarged.

He eats like a normal healthy puppy devouring his food. He plays like a normal puppy. He is a normal puppy and extremely smart and intelligent.

Though here is the thing besides his abdomen: He can’t control his urination. Now he has urine scald, I am sure of it because of the rash and he urinates in his sleep ( I have witnessed this).

My husband and I do not have the funds to put into him through medical and vet bills. We are die hard holistic people. So convincing me to switch to anything organic or holistic is not a problem.

What I need is advice on what I can do to help him live as normal of a life as possible.

Please help.

#83319 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Hi Jr S-

Have you gotten any second opinions from different vets? I don’t believe any of the regulars have experience with this.

#83324 Report Abuse
    anonymously

It sounds like your dog may have a serious medical condition that needs to be properly diagnosed asap so that treatment may begin.
    Delaying treatment may cause suffering and make whatever is going on worse.

This may be expensive, so, if you can’t afford to provide the medical care that your pet needs, I would talk to your vet, today, as to what your options are and how to proceed.
    Best of luck.
    PS: You may find some tips here https://www.aspca.org/about-us/faq/financial-help-my-vet-bills

#83325 Report Abuse
    anonymously

I know this is not what you want to hear. But. your dog probably needs more diagnostic testing to determine what is wrong. He may have a congenital anomaly? He may need a surgical procedure? He may need prescription medication and continued care?

Of course this is all speculation. Only a veterinarian that has examined your dog can make a diagnosis and prescribe treatment.
    So, I would call the vet (that has examined your dog) leave a message for him to call you back when he has a minute to talk and see what he advises.

PS: His condition could be something simple that will respond to treatment? I would get some answers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.