SENTINEL MEDICATION

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum SENTINEL MEDICATION

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anthony D

My 2 and 1/2 year old female golden started taking Sentinel last June. Over the next few months she began to get skittish and clingy. She is now afraid of TV and won’t even come into the room when it’s on. She jumps at noises and bows her head like she’s been beaten. This is our 5th golden and we have never had this happen. Has anyone out there had any similar reactions to Sentinel?

#74815 Report Abuse
    Anonymous

I use Sentinel on my dogs and I have not noted any side effects. Have you consulted a vet to rule out a medical cause for this change in behavior….it sounds like something else may be going on.

Sudden changes in behavior and appetite are often red flags.

#74818 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Probably a coincidence, but it wouldn’t hurt to try Heartgard for a while and see if her behavior changes back.

#74819 Report Abuse
    Anonymous

I forgot to mention, I give the heartworm preventative every 6 weeks instead of every 4 weeks. I stop in the winter, start again in the spring.

In your situation, I would take the dog to the vet for a wellness check before making any changes.

#74875 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I agree with Red. I have used Sentinel for several months without an issue. It is probably a coincidence, but I assume it would be possible that it could be a side affect of the medication. If your vet thinks it may be, then I would recommend switching preventatives and contacting the company.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.