šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    anne g

Hi! I have a mix rescue dog, about 12 years old, 60 lbs. We became concerned about the Beneful rumors concerning quality. Also, since he’s getting older, we wanted to make sure he was getting the best food. About 6 weeks ago we switched from Beneful to Blue Buffalo for senior dogs food. He’s since experience a lot of gas and diarrhea. We’re going to switch food again. Any suggestions? Thank you!

#82802 Report Abuse
    anonymously

After a visit to the vet to rule out medical problems, maybe a senior checkup with routine lab work, as indicated. Check the search engine here for food ideas. Example: /forums/search/senior/

#82872 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Anne,
    I agree with a vet visit but a) Blue ihas had their share of problems; a quick google search will show you.
    Your dog doesn’t need a senior dog food. With the exception of Orijen senior, most of the rest are too low in protein for senior dogs. Pick a high quality adult or all life stages food. I’d say do a slow transition to a new food but since he’s having issues with Blue, use a probiotic and digestive enzyme, slow transition anyway & expect tummy upset.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.