Redford Naturals

Dog Food AdvisorForumsOff Topic ForumRedford Naturals

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Jalan M

I am a seasonal employee at two separate pet stores, because I live in two locations. One of these is a homegrown independent pet store which I am currently working at and the other a franchised version of a major chain where I work on school breaks. The major chain has started to advertise a dog food brand “Redford Naturals” which I have never heard of and I cannot find any information online about the company other than it is sold at the major chain, so I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the company? The ingredient list on the food is less than impressive, so I was wondering about the company that owns the brand.

#83391 Report Abuse

dino s

I’m on my first bag of this food and so far my dog loves it! not sure who owns it though. I got it from my local pet store.

#83402 Report Abuse

Mary H

I just got an advert for this Redford Naturals – and i am researching it now, their packing design however, appears to be a direct rip off from the Orjen brand from Canada.

#83416 Report Abuse

jakes mom

From the ingredients I’d guess it would rate maybe 3 stars on DFA.

#83433 Report Abuse

Beth L

I believe Redford Naturals is an original brand of the pet chain Pet Supplies Plus.

#84721 Report Abuse

Kahlin K

Redford naturals is a pet supplies plus original brand, teamed with a company called CJ Foods. CJ Foods is an industry leader in super premium dog foods, producing specialty diets for companies such as Blue Buffalo, Natures Variety and many more. Probably worth trying despite any DFA rating.

#84784 Report Abuse

Alexander L

Looking at ingredients and comparing to what would probably be similar brands (such as PetSmart’s Simply Nourish). It looks like it’s Protein/Fat/Carb ratio is better than Simply Nourish. Specifically more protein due to the meals.

Simply Nourish rated 4.5 stars on DFA, I don’t see why this would rate any lower. It will probably be at 4.5, or 5.

On another note, I tried the Redford Naturals Grain Free Duck & Potato and my dog seems to like it s lot. It also costs a bit less compared to some other big brands.

#93491 Report Abuse

Amanda L

Hi all. Currently employed at a pet supplies plus, so I’ll let you all know what’s up with redford. Pretty much this is a low cost high quality food. Ingredient wise, it compared almost word for word to blue Buffalo and other high quality brands of food. Redford is produced in the USA, and the #1 ingredient is always the first meat listed on the bag. Per pound Redford is the better buy, and more options and flavors will be coming out some time this year, as well as a cat food line. Glad to hear it’s working out for your peppers:)

#93670 Report Abuse

AmBuer E

Hi, my 9 and 6 year old golden retriever girls have been on Blue Buffalo since we brought them home and they never had a problem. We just brought home a baby sister golden retriever for them, and have her on the blue puppy formula. She is having loose stools and going poop about 6 times a day, I’m finding piles all over the places. Makes potty training so hard! My question is I’m not willing to give up on a premium blend, and my girls are picky. So would Redford’s natural be a little easier on my little ones belly because it doesn’t have the life source bits, but still enough to appease the older princesses?? And I see all the protein, calories, fat, etc. is exceptional, but what about the vitamins? Is it maybe a vitamin overload my little one is not liking? And with three babies I like the lower price, and other flavors! Anyone have this issue with Blue? Or switched from Blue to Redfords? Thanks!

#93674 Report Abuse

Alexander L

Hey, all.

I was surprised when I was getting notifications about my post from last year.

To AmBuer E., my dog was originally on the Blue Buffalo Wilderness Duck (shiny green bag). He has been on it ever since my first post last April and doing amazing. I can’t see I see much of a difference in him now versus on the Blue, other than I have saved a few hundred dollars with all of the in store and online coupons specifically for the week (on top of the $10-$15 less per bag compared to the Wilderness!).

If that helps any?

#93688 Report Abuse

InkedMarie

Alexander, you’d have to unclick the “notify me of follow-up replies via email” box below to stop getting notifications.

#93718 Report Abuse

Mary N

I never heard of it as well.

You are working in a store that promotes that brand? Maybe you could talk with your supervisor, he should know a bit more about the products in the store.

#93743 Report Abuse

AmBuer E

Alexander L. As long as it is a premium food I am game to switch, as long as my persnickety girls are in. I really think its the life source bits that are making my baby sick. I never had any issue with Blue with my other girls before. But there will be more in store coupons for redfords, so I’m down! Plus its made right here in Michigan. I guess Blue is made in China??

AmBuer

#94266 Report Abuse

Bobbi L

I started my collie mix and corgi mix on Redford chicken and potato recipe. They are very picky eaters, but they love this food. They were both having skin issues which have completely cleared in the 10 months on Redford. They have nice solid poops and no anal gland issues, which had been a problem with corgi. I am delighted to find a quality food they will eat.

#94267 Report Abuse

Bobbi L

started my collie mix and corgi mix on Redford chicken and potato recipe. They are very picky eaters, but they love this food. They were both having skin issues which have completely cleared in the 10 months on Redford. They have nice solid poops and no anal gland issues, which had been a problem with corgi. I am delighted to find a quality food they will eat.

#94316 Report Abuse

Luke B

How did you find out who manufactures redford naturals dog food? I emailed the company and they refuse to tell me

#94317 Report Abuse

Luke B

How did you find out who manufacturers Redford Naturals I emailed the PSP company and they refuse to tell me

#94602 Report Abuse

Abby J

Hello,

As a manager at a Pet Supplies Plus with extensive experience in pet nutrition, I would say that it is very possible that Blue is too rich for your pups. I have had many people come into my store and switch off of Blue or Orijen/Scans because of loose stools, anal gland issues, etc. These usually arise from a food that is too high in fat or rich proteins for the dog. Many of my customers have switched to Redford, and those problems disappear. It’s all about finding the right proteins for your pup. Nowadays, there are so many food choices, pet owners are overwhelmed. Go to your local PSP and ask for assistance!

#94603 Report Abuse

Abby J

I assure you, it is nothing like Orijen or Acana.

#94735 Report Abuse

Kathy D

I started my golden on Redford by mixing with her natural balance which she has been on since a pup. She is 7. She initially had diarrhea which cleared up. After a week I put her on just Redford. She now becomes nauseated every evening, smacking, drooling and eating grass. She has horrible gas and her poops are mushy. I’m thinking it is has to be the food. It has more protein compared to natural balance. Should I give her more time to adjust or go back to mixing and get her back on natural balance. This is very disappointing

#96517 Report Abuse

ashley l

My dog is 3 1/2, just in this last year she has developed skin allergies and since it hasn’t changed since we moved I’m ruling out environmental… so the more I hear about Blue buffalo the more I want to switch her to see if it helps because she is even on meds to help and its not helping. I want to try this Redford Naturals and I’ll come back and post after a few weeks of her eating it. I’m sure she will transition well since they have the salmon and potato and duck and potato like she likes. Thanks for the information…

#96519 Report Abuse

ashley l

it’s made in Michigan? Did you find out what company manufactures it?

#96859 Report Abuse

Amanda B

So i am an employee of Pet Supplies Plus and I have a run down of Reford information. It is made in Kansas not Michigan (It is named after a city in Michigan) It is very similar to Taste of the Wild, Blue Buffalo and others. It comes in 3 varities (regular, grain-free and LID) (currently) with 2-6 flavors and 4 stages (adult, large breed, small breed and puppy which is available limited with certain varieties) It is all life stages, constantly on sale or has coupons, made and mostly sourced in the United States (lamb is from New Zealand and salmon is from Chile or Canada). If you have questions the employees at Pet Supplies Plus are able to answer most of them (some they may not know or have never been informed of).

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.