Recommendation for puppy food

Dog Food Advisor Forums Canine Nutrition Recommendation for puppy food

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    a c

I have a 8 weeks old miniature schnauzer puppy. He weight almost 4 lbs. I got him when he was 6 weeks old. I was told by the breeder that he is eating puppy chow kibbles soaked in the water. I quickly switched him to Orijen puppy food with no problem. I still presoaked the kibbles in the water. He loves the food. I am just afraid the fat content on Orijen is on the higher end. He also get apples and low fat cottage cheese for treats.

I like to get maybe one or two more quality puppy food to rotate. Can anyone make some suggestions?

#102587 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Zignature or Fromm
    Zignature is Adult, All Stages
    Fromm has a puppy food.
    I never have used a “puppy food” I go right to adult, I also do not rotate. I stick with one brand I am happy with. My current favorite is Zignature Whitefish kibble as a base.
    You are on the right track adding water and/or presoaking. Many dogs don’t drink enough water which can lead to bladder stones later on, especially if they have a predisposition.

This is not veterinary advice; consult your veterinarian.

#102655 Report Abuse
    Stacy D

Help, please! I have found a quality puppy food kibble (Whole Earth Farms), but cannot find the calcium content of their canned puppy foods, as I like to feed both kibble and canned. Does anybody know?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.