🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    charles h

Hi all,

I’m struggling to think of any raw food treats to feed to my dog when training. I know off the shelf foods mixed with raw food can cause serious digestive issues so did not want to mix this. Just not a fan of carrying around raw food when out and about with her…

Any ideas would be great..

Thanks,

Charles

#50879 Report Abuse

Charles…you could try dehydrated treats.

#50882 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Hi Charles,

That’s what I was thinking too, Melissa. Dehydrated or freeze-dried. A few that come to mind are Orijen, Vital Essentials and Stella & Chewy’s. Dr. Tim’s just came out with some new ones that I’m eager to try also.

#50888 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi Charles –

Non-raw treats definitely should not cause an issue with a raw fed dog. My dogs eat raw but receive all kinds of treats from cooked “human food” to biscuits and dehydrated meat-based treats. No issues ever.

Some things you may want to try which would be closer in resemblance to a fresh raw diet would be air-dried (like ZiwiPeak which BTW works great as training treats) or freeze-dried raw (my dogs like Wysong, Stella & Chewy’s, Primal, Orijen, Nature’s Variety Instinct and Vital Essentials).

#51014 Report Abuse
    charles h

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies it does seem like the route to go for sure!

I really like ZiwiPeak not sure why over the others, maybe I’m just a sucker for good marketing haha 🙂

Thanks,

Charles

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.