Questions about Dog food for out 2 dogs

Dog Food Advisor Forums Feedback and Suggestions Questions about Dog food for out 2 dogs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael C

My wife and I have a 13 month old boxer pitbull mix who weighs 65 lbs and about a 10 week old American Bandogge Mastiff. We have been feeding both dogs since we got the first one Blue Buffalo life protection. We haven’t had any problems with the food and the puppy especially seems to like it. I have been on these forums and i have scoured the internet for ratings on dog food, articles on nutrition for large breed puppies, and researched pricing. Throughout all of this i have realized that every dog is different and whay may work for one dog may not work for another. I saw the list that was posted i think on page 7 of the Canine nutrition forum that was a pdf showing 4 and 5 star dog foods with appropriate nutrition for large breed dogs. The woman who posted it said blue buffalo wasnt on there because she called but they did not release the details to her. My questions are: Does anyone know the brand Pinnacle and have any information or ratings to pass off to me? How do most people feel about blue buffalo wildnerness? I will try my best to stay away from any food produced by DIAMOND and mostly try to stay away from food that has been recalled. I have checked that list and saw blue buffalo back in 2011 i believe for too much viatmin D but if there are other brands that offer the same or better health benefits as wildnerness but i dont have to fork out $70 for a 30 lb bag that would be great. Thank you very much for you input

#57076 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi Michael –

The reviews for Pinnacle products can be found here .

To see others’ opinions of Blue Buffalo you may wish to read through the user comments that follow the product reviews.

If you’re looking for budget friendly options here is our list of recommended budget friendly foods.

If you’re looking for a puppy food, here is our list of recommended puppy foods (it includes a list of foods appropriate for large and giant breeds).

Hope that helps.

#57081 Report Abuse
    Michael C

Hound dog mom. So with your honest opinion is pinnacle dug food a good brand for dog food according to the eatig they were given? Have you ever heard about pinnacle?

#57082 Report Abuse
    Michael C

Rating * I apologize for the grammar mistakes im using my phone

#57083 Report Abuse
    Michael C

And I’m not an editors choice member so I can’t see the blue buffalo ratings link or the puppy dog food link either .

#57140 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi Michael –

While Pinnacle appears to be a good food based on its review, I’ve never used it. You should read through the thread following its review so you can read experiences from those that have actually used it. You should do the same for Blue Buffalo. You don’t need to be an Editor’s Choice subscriber to do so. Just search for the product you’re interested in in the search bar, the reviews should pop up.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Hound Dog Mom.
    #57142 Report Abuse
    Michael C

Thank you for your input HDM. It just gets stressful at times trying to find the best food for our dogs. Last question for you: What dog foods have you used in the past? Did you not use pinnacle for a reason or just because you never tried it? I did see though that pinnacle was on the list of good food for puppies. Again thank you for your help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.