quantity of raw meat for puppy

Dog Food Advisor Forums Raw Dog Food quantity of raw meat for puppy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cameron J

Hello,
    I’m very new to this and like everyone seems to say, sorry if I’m asking in the wrong place, my lurcher (deerhound greyhound x saluki greyhound) Hunter has just turned 11 weeks. I am currently feeding him Hill’s Science Plan, chicken flavour and have finally decided to switch to raw food. I have found a wholesale butcher where i will buy the meat. My problem is that wherever I look i can only find how much people feed their adult dogs and i don’t want to just guess it. I’m not sure what he weighs until i visit the vets tomorrow and he is about to run out of food so do i just switch completely or mix with current feed and how much (i know I’m asking a bit much without his weight but just an average for his age of a similar breed until i get him weighed)
    thanks in advance 🙂

#45787 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Start with about 4% of his body weight and adjust from there. Or if you have a good idea about what his adult size should be, then feed 2.5% of that and adjust from there. Some puppies need up to 10% of their body weight, so taking a guess at 2.5% of adult size and comparing that with the 4% of current might give you an idea how close you are.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.