šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Crystal P

Hi, I have a 12 week old lab, lucy. She weighs almost 30ibs. I got her when she was 5 weeks. We started feeding her Hills ideal balance which gave her continuous uti’s, we switched and she is now on Authority puppy large breed chicken. She is doing fine on it, but I saw on this site it has only a 3.5 star rating. Is it actually not good for her, is there something better?
    Thanks for reading and your input.

#65389 Report Abuse
    Crystal P

Thanks

#65391 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hi Crystal:
    Large and giant breed puppies have special nutritional requirements. You can read more about that here:
    /best-dog-foods/best-large-breed-puppy-food/

Check out this thread for more info. I suggest reading the first 3 or 4 pages and the links provided on the first page.
    /forums/topic/large-and-giant-breed-puppy-nutrition/

Here is a link to a document with foods recommended for large and giant breed dogs. Look for a post by Hound Dog Mom dated October 2, 2013 at 4:22 pm. If you choose a food from the list you should check with the manufacturer to be sure the food still falls within the recommended parameters:
    /forums/topic/large-and-giant-breed-puppy-nutrition/page/36/

You can also join the Dog Food Advisor Editors Choice for a more updated list of recommended puppy foods for large and giant breed dogs. Have fun with your pup!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.