Primal or Northwest Naturals? Please Help!

Dog Food Advisor Forums Raw Dog Food Primal or Northwest Naturals? Please Help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alana S

I currently feed my two Chihuhuas primal pet food for the last year and a half. They love it and I love it. They are extremly healthy dogs at 11 and 10 years old.

My local health food store started carrying Northwest Naturals raw food and its significantly cheaper.

What’s your expirences with the brand?

Is it worth it to switch?

Thank you for your help,
    Alana

#79770 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I have not fed it but have heard good things about it….give it a shot & maybe feed both.

#79776 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Alana-

I give NW Naturals a thumbs up. I only have fed it as a topper, but have had no issues. Currently, I’ve been using Nature’s Variety Instinct because Pet Smart has been emailing me $15 off coupons on their raw food that I cannot pass up!

I think NW Naturals is a great value. I also like their fruit and veggie nuggets. They are a great addition to a dog’s meal. Especially, if they are trying to lose weight. They add healthy volume and fiber to the dog’s meal. Once I run out of the NVI, I will return to buying NW Naturals.

Like Marie said, give it a shot and even feed both for a bit of variety.

Good luck!

#79791 Report Abuse
    C4D

Hi Alana,

I feed both of these in my regular rotation. I really like the price of Northwest Naturals since I have multiple dogs and large ones. They both have worked well for my dogs.

C4C,

How do I get some of those awesome coupons???? 🙂

#79797 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi C4D-

I’m not exactly sure what triggered them. I am signed up for Pet Smart’s rewards/membership program and emails. Maybe it is because maybe I bought some NV raw there when I had a manufacturers coupon or some NV treats or something. But, I have received at least six $15 off NVI’s frozen raw coupons in the last 5 or 6 months. And I can use them on any size or flavor. Woo Hoo!

I keep buying more even though I don’t need them because I’m not sure when they are going to end!

I can’t share them because they have my full name and Pet Smart membership number on them. Darn!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.