šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Dori.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eve D

This possum meat dog roll was enthusiastically recommended to me by several dog owners and pet store staff. I was hesitant to give it to my dog as I am trying to avoid feeding him junk food. But the ingredients list looked ok and I couldn’t ignore all the recommendations. I mix it with Orijen kibble or use it as treats. There’s no denying my dog LOVES this stuff. But is it healthy for him?
    Ingredients listed are:
    Contains possum meat, lamb and/or beef, semolina, sucrose, garlic, preservatives, added vitamins & minerals | Pack Size 2kg

#70488 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

never heard of it.

#70503 Report Abuse
    Dori

Marie, it’s a NZ company.

Eve D. The food contains sucrose. There is no reason whatsoever to feed your dog sugar. Sugar is not a healthy additive. Preservatives? What kind of preservatives? Added vitamins? Are them GMO free or are they synthetic?

I don’t feed any processed kibble types food but from what I have read on DFA Orijen seems to be considered one of the higher quality foods so why would you add an inferior product to your dogs diet? I wouldn’t.

I wouldn’t feed this to any of my dogs even if it were available in the USA.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.