šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jenn H

I know there’s a ton of benefits to giving raw goat milk to dogs. However, in my state it’s very difficult to find and very expensive when you do manage to find it.
    When I helped hand raise a litter this summer we fed the pups the only readily available goat milk. It was pasteurized. But they all thrived while on it.
    I understand the pasteurization process takes away/lessens the good qualities of raw, but would it still be better to give them that than none at all?

#79288 Report Abuse

Long story short, yes. IMO, some is always better than none when it comes to raw feeding/drinking. If you can’t get raw milk and the pups did well on pasteurized, well done.

#79434 Report Abuse
    Jenn H

Thank you for the reply.
    I did find Primal raw milk at a specialty pet store!!!!
    The dogs will be starting it today!

It’s good to know that the other is acceptable should I not be able to get a hold of the raw.
    Seeing how well the babies did on the pasteurized I am looking forward to seeing if the real deal works better.
    I kept 1 of the pups that I fed the pasteurized milk to. He loved that kind so I have no doubt he’ll love this.
    Now I have to do the calcium math. Ugh. Large breed puppy.

#79435 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Take a look for Answer’s goat milk and fish stock. Both are fermented and full of amazing, healthy stuff!

#79461 Report Abuse
    Jenn H

I really love that site. It convinced me to try the goat milk for my dogs. The only pet store that sells raw milk only carries Primal. They love it.
    I was hoping it may be an alternative to giving glucosamine & chondroitin supplements. I have a horse that gets so many supps I hoped to avoid that with my large breed dogs as they get older.
    One of my girls is having a flare up of her Lyme. The vet suggested she not have the milk until she finishes her treatment. This time we are giving her Minocycline instead of Doxycycline since the side effects were too much for her.

I’m not sure if I want to stop giving her the milk. It has anti-inflammatory properties and good bacteria. But I also don’t want to mess up the antibiotic.
    The vets at this hospital are amazing, but I don’t think they all keep up with the latest & greatest natural stuff. I’ll be contacting my integrated vet today.

Thanks for the suggestions. Even if Chevelle has to wait for her Lyme to go into remission before she can begin the goat milk, I can still give it to the puppy and my other girl.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.