Other dog food options?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Other dog food options?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    korey b

Hey yall. M boy max (138 lb lab rotty mix) has always had skin issues with the dry food I gave him. Until I started feeding him Blue. Its the only food that I have found that doesn’t dry his skin out. Are there any other brands that aren’t as expensive that will keep his skin good? not trying to hurt the guy just trying to not dump out soo much money for food.

#54983 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Hey, Korey! What other brands have you tried? Maybe a fish-based food will help, or, you could start adding raw, organic, unrefined, cold-pressed coconut oil or wild salmon oil to his food. Walmart or Costco have affordable coconut oil, but only get the unrefined stuff. It has made a ton of difference for my Bruno

I have also used Earthborn Holistic Coastal Catch with great success. Other affordable brands besides Earthborn Holisitic are Victor, Dr. Tim’s, NutriSource. Rotational feeding is also a plus both for the dog and for the wallet – this way you can take advantage of sales and add variety to Max’s diet. 🙂 If you’re into ordering online, you can use websites such as petflow.com , chewy.com , wag.com , petfooddirect.com . They often have great sales and deals.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Naturella.
    #54991 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Korey,
    When looking for budget friendly kibble make sure that you stick with the same ingredients that’s in the Blue that he’s eating or as close as you can get, try & stay away from high carb kibbles with potato, most Grain free kibbles have potatos, also look at the Omega 3 & 6 make sure its high, compare what the Omega 3 & 6 is in the blue as well…here’s a few kibbles, Good-Luck Korey

Holistic Select Anchovy, Sardines & Salmon meal
    Eagle Pack
    Victor Select
    Whole Earth Farms or the Whole Earth Farm G/F
    Horizon Complete
    Dr Tims
    Healthwise
    Pro Pac
    Simply Nourish Source

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.