Orijen or Raw

Dog Food Advisor Forums Raw Dog Food Orijen or Raw

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tonkasdad
    Participant

Hey all! I’ve got a 4 year old king charles spaniel. He is currently on orijen dog food. Orijen is the ONLY kibble he will eat. When I say only, I mean only. I’ve tried many other brands but he is reluctant to eat them. But with Orijen, he literally waits by his bowl each morning waiting for it. So, I was debating about putting him on a raw diet. Kinda weighing out the pros and cons. But if he is eating orijen, and likes it, I don’t know if I should or not. I’d like to hear some feedback from people who have had their dogs on the raw diet, before I dive in. Also is it even worth switching to raw if he likes Orijen. Thanks!

#91062 Report Abuse
    Cannoli

My pup liked Orijen but I switched him to half raw half home cooked about 6 months ago.

I gave up on kibble. At the end of the day Orijen is expensive stale kibble that has sat on shelf for weeks. At the price you pay for Orijen you can make your own dog food

I only feed my pup raw organic meat or bison or tripe every other protein source I cook for him. Raw Chicken, pork, and fish scare me so I cook those. If you do the research there are plenty of organic supplements that you can provide to balance your meal. Heck you can even make your own organic supplements if you have a good blender.

Good luck

#91063 Report Abuse
    tonkasdad
    Participant

Well, here’s the thing. If I did raw, I would want to do it through an online service like reel raw or something like that.

#91064 Report Abuse
    Cannoli

Since Orijen is a high protein kibble your pup may be able to handle raw. I like for online services Miami Raw, Hare Today Gone Tomorrow, and Real Raw since their beef and bison are grass fed and organic.

good luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.