only natural pet easy raw

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum only natural pet easy raw

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    cindy q
    Participant

has anyone ever used this freeze dried food?

#52745 Report Abuse
    Nancy C

No but I have been using Big Dog Natural, a dehydrated air dried. Can’t say enough about it but I own no stock and don’t know anyone in the company. All flavors include fermented veggies and Tripe in every meal. My 10 1/2 yr old Golden transitioned to it from kibble cold turkey without the first problem. Never even a softer stool. BDN was recommended to me by a homeopathic vet who feeds it and Darwins to his 6 dogs. My neighbor started using it with her three dogs with the same experience. She also went cold turkey from kibble and it was a piece of cake for all 3. You might want to try it. Customer Service (Chris) is great help.

#52746 Report Abuse
    Nancy C

I will add by saying that this company is in New Jersey and is very small. They are very hands on from the top down. My homeopath thinks VERY HIGHLY of this food. He has studied it and likes the way they operate.

#52748 Report Abuse
    Nancy C

Don’t get sick of me. ALSO, when you order from Big Dog Natural each flavor of food comes in individual bags about the size of a quart of milk so that the food stays FRESH! (This is better than a large bag of food). In addition to that they TAPE around the entire shipping box to ensure freshness and that nothing enters the box (like bugs on a UPS truck or similar). So it is all CLEAN and FRESH. If you call and talk to customer service you will FEEL the fact that this is a small company and they CARE. Clearly, producing a high quality food is what they are about. I am obviously impressed with them because of the quality control details that are carried out BECAUSE they are not a large factory! Last week I placed my second order on line. I wanted more bags of TRIPE bec my dog went nuts over it. That same day they called me to say that the WAY I HAD ORDERED was costing me MORE MONEY and I am getting less food for the dollar spent! YES! When did any company ever call you to say that there is a way to order that will get you MORE PRODUCT!???
    So they REWROTE the order so I would get more food. You will see if you go there that they have “Packages” that you can order cheaper, rather than ordering a lot of different individual food bags.
    Think about that. They did NOT have to bother to call little ole me in NOrth Carolina!
    Things like that matter to me and offer INSIGHT into who you are dealing with.

#52754 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

Thanks Nancy! Any idea of what it would cost to feed a Standard Poodle who is about 38 lbs.

#52771 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I’ve fed the very similar Sojo’s brand. At one point, the Turkey recipes were exactly the same! The dogs did fine on it. It was chunky, smelled good, hydrated well. The only negatives was larger stool. I fed digestive enzymes with it.

#52789 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

Nancy, I just placed a order with Big dog natural. They answered my e-mails right away. They said it would cost about $48.00 to feed my standard poodle. I was paying much more than this. I couldn’t find a review for it on this site, I guess it hasn’t been reviewed. Thanks for all your info! Hoping my picky girl likes it. Cindy

#52890 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

Received my order of Big Dog Natural today and my picky eater loved it! She licked her bowl clean.

#54386 Report Abuse
    Paula D

The ONP easy raw is similar to Honest Kitchen or the Stella and Chewy’s mix that you,rehydrate with water. My girls much prefer the ONP Max meat–a jerky type texture.

#54388 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

when I looked at the ingredients for ONP, I noticed that a potato was the first ingredient. I didn’t like that so I never ordered it.

#54418 Report Abuse
    Nancy C

I am not sure. My 58 pound golden eats one cup exactly per meal. It expands of course once the water puffs it out. You can go to the website and see what the recommended amount is. Look for the Calculator on the website. It will tell you exactly. Good luck.

#54420 Report Abuse
    Nancy C

Cindy – glad your dog liked the BDN. I got the variety pack and the golden likes everything in it. gobbles all of it up. This company works very hard to produce a good digestible food. I called the other day to find out the calcium phosphorus ratio for beef since it is not listed on the site. Just FYI it’s 1:1. I also plan to give my dogs a Raw Meaty Bone 2 x a week because they are very healthy. That will work with their ca/phos ratio.
    I am also feeding some Darwin’s to the golden retriever. She loves that too, but it is pretty pricey and I am not sure how long I will keep that up for two large dogs.

#54422 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

Nancy, have you read any of the negative comments on BDN on another post? I am hoping this company is good because my dogs love it! Do you feed anything else besides this?

#54613 Report Abuse
    Marietta B

Only Natural Pet Easy Raw doesn’t have enough protein. I bought a sample packet from them and my dog wouldn’t eat it. I do buy their Max Meat dog food and my dog loves that.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.