only natural freeze dried

Dog Food Advisor Forums Raw Dog Food only natural freeze dried

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    cindy q
    Participant

has anyone ever tried only natural freeze dried dog food?

#52863 Report Abuse
    Kristin D

I haven’t but I might!!! I suggest using Sojo. It’s a great all natural freeze dried dog food!!!

#53019 Report Abuse
    Kristin C

Hi Cindy – I have recently used Orijen Adult Freeze Dried. It took about a half hour to soak and get to the consistency I was looking for. My dogs loved it and since I sometimes feed Orijen Kibble they had no digestion issues. It is expensive but I am looking for something to use on vacation since I feed primarily raw.

As for the Sojo’s, I have tried the Complete grain free mix where you have to add in raw meat. I find that it comes out much like it goes in, it doesn’t digest well. I end up soaking the Sojo’s then putting it in a food processor with my raw meat. I am going to use it up but won’t buy again.

Hope that helps!

#53077 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

Thanks Kristin, I just tried Big Dog Natural freeze dried after someone on this board recommended it and my dogs love it! I have a Standard Poodle and a toy poodle they both absolutely love it. My toy will sit and cry while she is waiting for me to mix it. I e-mailed the company with questions before I ordered and they responded within 10 minutes of me e-mailing them each time. I e-mail Darwins with questions and they responded 3 days later.

#53179 Report Abuse
    Kristin C

Thanks for mentioning BDN Cindy. I have not heard of it and am very interested so I emailed them with a few questions. I’m afraid their pricing might be too good to be true though. I’ve been using Darwin’s for the last few months and their trial was worth it, but they’re changing their formula and not offering any samples so I cancelled after my first auto shipment. Plus their meat turns brown in the frig and that can’t be good. My homemade raw stays nice and pink unless it’s older. I see you’ve queried on BDN on another post so I’ll keep my eye out for anyone else chiming in on whether they add supplements to it. I may just try it as “supplemental” feeding.

#53182 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I tried to place an order on the BDN site using their intro offer discount, but it didn’t work, so I decided to skip it. Seemed strange it wouldn’t work.

#53184 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

The intro offer worked for me and I just ordered a week ago.

#53185 Report Abuse
    Dori

I’ve recently started using BDN in rotation for my girls. The food looks and smells good and the girls love it. I haven’t seen any negative issues with the food. It’s a very small company and I suspect that is why there prices are as good as they are. They don’t seem to spend too much money on packaging, advertising, etc. so I guess that also lets them sell the food as inexpensive as it is. When I was doing research and asking questions I just called them and someone, usually a woman by the name of Chris, picks up the phone. She’ll stay on the phone with you as long as you like, seems pretty forthcoming on everything. I think they’re out of New Jersey if memory serves me. With all that said, I feed my three dogs commercial raw foods in rotation and I rotate their foods with every meal (they eat twice a day) so their digestive systems are very healthy. I can’t think of any food that I would feed solely as long term. I recommend rotation to everyone.

#53186 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

The promo code gave me 10% off, but is also supposed to include free shipping, and it doesn’t.

#53188 Report Abuse
    Dori

4FF. Give them a call tomorrow. I just went through the steps on their shop on line intro offer and it worked fine for me. I went through all the steps, filled everything out using my sister’s info to register and got to the last step before credit card and it worked fine. Discount and free shipping for intro offer. The coupon is case sensitive, I don’t know why it’s not giving you the free shipping. Anyway, I’d give them a call and explain to Chris. She’ll fix it right up they are very customer service oriented.

#53189 Report Abuse
    Naturella

4FF, it worked for me, but I will have to do it again on hubby’s card, cause, erm… mine is depleted, lol. So hopefully it works again tonight!

I’m excited to try the green tripe on Bruno – he’s had every other kind of protein aside from green tripe, and I keep reading how great/awesome/amazing it is, sooo yeah, bring on the goodness! 🙂

#53199 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

The promo code only gives me 10% of and no free shipping. I’m not misunderstanding the promo code am I? It’s my understanding that you get 10% off AND free shipping even if your purchase is less than $99 right?

#53201 Report Abuse
    Dori

Hi 4FF. If this is your first order and you’ve never registered or ordered on the site then you’ll see on the right mid to lower right hand side of their home page a section for you to click on as a new customer and introduction offer with 10% off and free shipping. Click on their and follow the steps to what you want to order and then entire that code. When I first ordered from them I ordered the Sample package #2. It contained no poultry because Katie is allergic to all poultry. If this still doesn’t work for you then please call then tomorrow and explain what you want to order and that you are having an issue with their introduction offer for 10% off and free shipping. She’ll either walk you through the steps or just take your info over the phone.

#53202 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

You can also e-mail them, I have at all different times
    and they are quick to respond.

#53204 Report Abuse
    Dori

It’s just faster to call and get it done with it. 🙂

#53205 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

I didn’t know if they would answer on a Sundsy.

#53206 Report Abuse
    Dori

I’m sorry Cindy q. I meant tomorrow, Monday.

#53215 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Hey, all! 4FF, did you try copying and pasting the code, or just typing it in? IDK if it will make a difference, but as Dori said, maybe just try calling them. It took off my shipping AND the 10% off the food. I only got 1 lb of the Green Tripe Supreme, but I will use it in rotation with THK’s Keen, Force, Embark, and Love, so it should last a while! I’m excited to try this – and the coupon basically made the food free, it is like I’m just paying the “shipping” (amount-wise, I am not really paying the shipping). So it was cool, I got to trick the hubby into believing the food was free and that we just paid shipping, so I could get it… Muahahaha! Ok, time to stop now… lol

P.S. This is probably not the place, but quick question – is THK dehydrated RAW or COOKED food?

#53232 Report Abuse
    Dori

THK is not cooked, but it’s not truly considered a raw food either. They use very low heat to dehydrate the ingredients. This keeps most of the integrity of the nutrients but since low heat has been used it cannot really be considered raw. I really like the company and their philosophy. I’ve spoken to Lucy Postin from time to time and I really like her.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.