🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jessica W

So my uncle has the cuttest 9 1/2 year old miniature schnauzer. He had her on kibbles and bits until i switched to Nutro Ultra. When I have her on the weekends she eats it. However, my uncle says she doesn’t eat it when he has her at home.

How can I convince him not to give her the Kibbles & Bits? True not my dog, but still he is plans on feeding her that junk.

#70727 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Showing him the contrast in DFA reviews is one idea, as that may help him see that you are not making it up. To get her to eat her food, I would recommend putting amount of high-quality wet food or pumpkin on her food, if he is willing to do that. I use wet food as a topper for my small dog, and I freeze it in small portions since it only lasts a few days in the fridge. Some dogs also also like their food better if it is mixed with water, so that is a simple idea he could try. Good luck! 😀

#70729 Report Abuse
    Jessica W

Thanks for the advice. I use olive oil to help with her dry skin with the Nutro dry kibble. I noticed a difference and she isn’t scratching alot.

I think I will show him the reviews on this site.

#70734 Report Abuse
    Jessica W

There is hope!!! So he went home to find the bowl empty. She likes the olive oil, plus I think it make it easier to chew (not too moist). 🙂

#70735 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Great! Hopefully she’ll keep on eating it! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.