Nutrisca

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Akari_32
    Participant

Hey guys! I just saw that PetSmart has the small bags of Nutrisca on sale for $7.99, and I have a coupon for $3 off each bag, and some coupons for the Purina One canned food thats $1 a piece right now ($1 off 3!).

Purina aside, does anyone have any thoughts about Nutrisca? I peeked over at the review side and while everyone’s dogs apprear to be doing great on it, it seems the company has shut out any questions of who actually makes the food. And, PetSmart stocks it in the same isle as they do Pedigree, their store brand, Purina, and the other junk foods (they need to move Blue Buffalo to that isle and bump Wellness and Nature’s Variety up….!).

I’m down to just a few months worth of dog food, so I need to start buying again, but I want to make sure I’m not knowingly buying a product that is going to make my dogs sick, not wanting to feed something made by Diamond, especially since they appear to be currently having issues, AGAIN (wow, never would have guessed Diamond would have issues *rolls eye* Psh!). The comments were all a few months old, so hopefully one of you guys will have some more recent information.

#64875 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I think a small bag in rotation will be ok. When I used it, I only fed the fish or lamb formulas because the company has issues with chicken (chicken jerky from China). The kibble size is very small and the dogs’ stools were formed.

#64876 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I was thinking about 3-4 of the small bags (haven’t worked out my coupon deal just yet), for Haley and Dweezle. At about 4 or so cups between them a day, it wouldn’t last long at all (week or two, maybe). Beggers can’t be (too picky of) choosers, and I need to be oportunistic of deals when they happen! The only deals I pass up are Diamond brands. Although apparently Natural Balance is Diamond and I bought a couple of the 12 lb bags of the Small Breed Ultra one. So far so good, but never again. I’m not very pleased with how low calorie it is anyways. Lol

#64880 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Akari-
    I have fed the fish formula also when it was BOGO free in the grocery store a while back. I used it like a topper with their regular kibble. There were no issues. Go for it! Sounds like a good deal! I don’t think Natural Balance is made by Diamond, is it?

#64884 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

The last info I had Natural Balance was made by Diamond. Haven’t checked recently.

I think the Nutrisca deal is fine for rotation, and a good price for you at that!! 😉

#64907 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I thought Natural Balance was bought by Del Monte?

#64917 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I had decided not to use Nutrisca because it was made by Dogswell, and they had had jerky treat issues. It’s probably fine for rotation though.

#64921 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I just did a quick google search, and I guess it is made by Del Monte now. I must have seen the Diamond bit just before the buy out. Either way, not too pleased with it. I bought it with out reading the package very closely. Bad me! Bad! Lol

I think I will give a few bags of Nutrisca a shot. If they only have chicken, though, I don’t think I’ll buy it. They only had one flavor on the shelf, and I forget what it was. I agree Dogswell doesn’t have the best rep as far that jerky thing went. We’ll see how my shopping trip goes tomorrow.

#64925 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I’m down to just a few months worth of dog food, so I need to start buying again

LOL! I have 8 bags of kibble in the closet!!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by pugmomsandy.
    #64926 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I’m sure you have some coupons stacked up, but just for comparison the price on chewy is $9.99 for a small bag of salmon and $11.94 for a small bag of lamb. 😉

#64931 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

@Sandy Whoa! How on earth did you get it to do that?!

Anyway, I have one unopened bag of kibble (Nature’s Logic), one 4lb box of THK Thrive, an open bag of Fromm that I’m probably not going to keep using, and 3 cans of food. This is about 2 months worth of dry and a few weeks of toppers.

#64939 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Sandy, how did you let your dog food closet get so low? lol

#64942 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

They were sold to Del Monte I just don’t know anything about how long it takes to sign the legal documents for selling a company or the length of time to switch over to a new plant, etc. It could be a quick process or maybe slow? I haven’t checked it out recently.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.