šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kelsey s

My 2 year old chi pin is small, around 5.5 – 6 lbs, and smaller than my cats, is that a normal size for this a breed? She also take bouts of not wanting to eat usually only for a day or two, is that normal?

#54146 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Yes, that’s a pretty normal size for a cross between a min pin and a chihuahua. And yes, being picky is fairly normal too.

#54170 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Kelsey, when a dog stops eating they are normally sick, something is normally wrong..have you tried changing her food & see how she goes….Is she a picky eater or has this just happened the not wanting to eat, my cat is a fussy spoiled cat but if I just keep giving him the food he doesnt want he normally eats it in the end cause he’s hungry..
    My friend works in a fish Co-Op & gives me prawns, shark, whiting etc so he waits for the freshly cooked fish the spoiled bugger….

#54177 Report Abuse
    kelsey s

Just picky, she won’t eat kibble period; when I tried mixing it with wet she would eat the gravy off the kibble then spit it out. She will eat eventually, just won’t eat everyday, she also lets the cats push her away from her food; and doesn’t like to be watched while she eats. So I am thinking of putting her in her own room or a crate for meals, just to be sure how much she eats… Any suggestions?

#54184 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

She’s a small dog. How feasible is it for you to just feed her canned food and skip the kibble?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.