šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Laura M

I need a HIGH quality dry dog food with absolutely NO beef product in it. My Lab is severely allergic to beef and we are struggling to find a good food with no beef. Currently on Taste of the Wild High Prairie, but after a summer of misery for him, I found it does contain some beef product. I would LOVE some suggestions please.

#89841 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Laura, have a look at “Canidae” Pure range, it’s limited ingredients…
    “Pure Sea”= Salmon & Menhaden fish
    “Pure Sky”= Duck & Turkey,
    “Pure Elements”= Lamb, Turkey Chicken,
    “Pure Meadow”= Chicken,
    “Pure Wild”= Pork….
    I think your best off sticking with a kibble that’s just fish no other proteins like the Canidae Pure Sea…
    The Taste Of The Wild, High Prairie, has Buffalo, lamb, chicken, venison, beef & ocean fish in the ingredient list so it could be anyone of those proteins.. I don’t like feeding a kibble with tooo many ingredients & proteins, you won’t know what ingredient is the problem when they have food sensitivities…
    http://www.canidae.com/dog-food/products

#89843 Report Abuse
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My Aussie is allergic to chicken, beef, and fish didn’t help. The vet said their internist suggested kangaroo and rabbit. I tried the kangaroo and it was a miracle. Now I can no longer get kangaroo because I live in California so I am now using venison. She is doing great!!! California naturals venison and Pioneer venison.

#89845 Report Abuse
    Maria K

We’re feeding Acana grasslands right now:

Deboned lamb*, deboned duck*, whole eggs*, lamb meal, goat meal, catfish meal, whole green peas, red lentils, pinto beans, lamb fat, chickpeas, green lentils, whole yellow peas, rainbow trout*, duck meal, herring oil, sun-cured alfalfa, quail (ground with bone), natural lamb flavor, lamb tripe*, lamb liver*, duck giblets (liver, heart, kidney)*, duck cartilage*, dried kelp, whole pumpkin*, whole butternut squash*, kale*, spinach*, mustard greens*, collard greens*, turnip greens*, carrots*, Red Delicious apples*, Bartlett pears*, freeze-dried lamb liver, freeze-dried duck liver, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.