No added vitamins or minerals

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum No added vitamins or minerals

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark V

My dog has recurring urinary tract infections. One possible treatment offered by my Vet is to switch to a food with no or low added minerals, to help avoid stones in the bladder if that is the cause (bladder ultrasound showed no stones). He suggested one of the Science Diet Vetiranary formulas. I don’t care for Science Diet. I found Acana Singles (USA) has only zinc added and Carna4 has no added vitamins and minerals. Can anyone recommend other dry dog foods with no added vitamins or minerals that are recommended by Dog Food Advisor??

#95132 Report Abuse
    butchroy
    Participant

I am pretty sure Nature’s Logic does not have added vitamins.

#95143 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I can’t answer your questions but wanted to say that dogs with UTI’s need a lot of moisture: canned food is best; if you can’t feed only canned, add some to the dry food along with some water. Allow ample opportunities to urinate as well.

#95153 Report Abuse
    Mark V

Thank you for responding.

#95169 Report Abuse
    elaine c

Kibble HAS TO ADD vitamins because everything is cooked and processed out of it! Then they add sythetic vitamins and research has shown that long term this is not good for dogs. Persoanlly I use ANSWERS PET FOOD. Will never use anything else. it comes in three meats, it is raw, fermented and outstanding. Take a look at it!

#95170 Report Abuse
    elaine c

This is another reason why kibble is not good.. real food has abaout 70% water as nature intended.!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.