Need grain free, poultry free and small kibble. Please help!

Dog Food Advisor Forums Dog Food Ingredients Need grain free, poultry free and small kibble. Please help!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    FrenchieFriend
    Participant

My poor little Frenchie suffers from grain allergies and poultry allergies (chicken, duck and turkey). She also needs a small size kibble otherwise her little belly gets bloated. I even break her food up into 3 meals a day, but she’ll still get bloated if the kibble size isn’t small. She’s currently on Annamaet Aqualuk but it has given her some minor digestive issues. Does anyone have any recommendation? I’m desperate.

#18699 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

You can run the kibble through a coffee grinder or soak in water for several minutes till soft. Castor and Pollux Grain Free-Poultry Free, Wellness Core Ocean, Merrick Grain Free Pork and Sweet Potato, Avoderm Revolving Menu Trout, Wellness Simple Salmon, Pinnacle GF Salmon, The Honest Kitchen Zeal, Addiction dehyrated formulas, Acana Regionals Pacifica, Orijen 6 Fish or Regional Red (has egg), Smack Caribbean Salmon, 4Health Whitefish and Potato, Back to Basics Grain Free Whitefish and Potato and Lamb and Potato, Back to Basics Pork (high protein),

#18700 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

EVO Red Meats Small Bites and EVO Herring and Salmon (both have egg), California Natural Grain Free Lamb/Salmon/Kangaroo, Canidae Pure Sea, Canine Caviar GF Wild Ocean and Buffalo and Wilderness formulas, DNA lamb, venison or beef (has egg), Nutrisca Lamb (chicken fat) or Salmon (egg), Earthborn Holistic GF Coastal Catch or Meadow Feast (lamb), Fromm 4 Star Nutritionals Pork or Beef (egg), Grandma Lucy’s, Hi-Tek Naturals GF Fish (egg), Horizon Legacy Fish (egg), I and Love and You Red Meat or Fish (egg), Instinct Raw Boost Beef and Lamb, Lamb & Salmon, Instinct Rabbit (chicken fat), Instinct Salmon. Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet Lamb or Rabbit. Instinct has small kibble.

#19601 Report Abuse
    somebodysme
    Participant

What about chicken fat? Do we not need to be concerned about chicken fat if our dogs are allergic to chicken? Does it not affect them? I’m in the same boat needing chicken and grain free.

#19629 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

The way they render to seperate the fat is supposed to leave it pure so it isn’t supposed to be a problem and I haven’t had a problem with it with my dog.

#19646 Report Abuse
    somebodysme
    Participant

Thanks, because some brands that don’t have chicken as a main ingredient do include the chicken fat in them. So that opens up a few more options. I am feeding Earthborn Holistics Coastal Catch now….I’m hoping the “scratchies” go away!

#19667 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Look at Holistic Select’s new grain free….it’s poultry free and pretty small bites.

#19673 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Somebody’s me: one of mine can’t have chicken as the protein, whether kibble or raw but he does fine on Brothers Complete allergy, which has chicken fat & something else. Sometimes, you don’t know but have to try

#19848 Report Abuse
    Storm’s Mom
    Participant

Ignore – I neglected to process the part about needing to be turkey-free (I’d delete this post if I could figure out how to haha)

If you happen to live in Canada, Performatrin Ultra Grain Free Small Bite is an option, too (and the regular size kibble for larger dogs, of course). I’ve heard rumours that both are now available in the US, but can’t say for sure.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by Storm's Mom.
    • This reply was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by Storm's Mom.
    #20984 Report Abuse
    Gus
    Participant

So to add one more issue to the search I’m looking for grain free, poultry free, large breed puppy food. My pup is 6mo old and has been itchy since day 1. A vet told me puppies don’t typically develop food allergies so young but, flea treatments and oatmeal shampoos haven’t helped at all. He has been on Natural Balance which gave him very runny poo, Innova lg. breed puppy and then it got recalled and we couldn’t get it anymore and now Orijin lg. breed puppy. Chicken and turkey have been ingredients in all of those so I’m looking for a grain and poultry free large breed puppy food but am not having any luck with the large breed puppy aspect. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#20999 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Here are some chicken, turkey and grain-free foods appropriate for large breed puppies:

-American Natural Premium Grain-Free Duck Meal and Pork Meal Recipe
    -American Natural Premium Grain-Free Ocean Fish Meal and Potato Recipe
    -Annamaet Aqualuk
    -Avoderm Revolving Menu: Trout and Pea
    -Earthborn Holistic Coastal Catch
    -Earthborn Holistic Meadow Feast
    -Firstmate Pacific Ocean Fish Puppy Formula
    -Fromm Four Star Nutritionals Grain-Free Beef Frittata Veg
    -Fromm Four Star Nutritionals Grain-Free Salmon Tunalini
    -Fromm Four Star Nutritionals Grain-Free Pork and Peas
    -Great Life Grain-Free Buffalo
    -Great Life Rx Grain-Free Buffalo
    -Grain Life Rx Grain-Free Duck
    -Nature’s Variety Instinct Rabbit Meal Formula
    -Wysong Epigen Fish
    -Wysong Epigen Venison
    -Zignature Trout & Salmon

#25987 Report Abuse
    liciakaz
    Participant

Does anyone have any suggestions for grain, chicken, and potato free?

#25989 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

See the above post and pick out the foods with potato. There’s also a potato free food list floating around on one of the threads, you could pick out the chicken free foods from there.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by Hound Dog Mom.
    #26009 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I believe it is a stickie in the dog food ingredients category.

#26010 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Yep, HDM & Patty, the grain/potato list is in this thread, as a stickie.

#26168 Report Abuse
    debsdog
    Participant

I’m having a hard time finding an actual puppy formula that is grain-free and chicken-free. I have a 4 month old mix (15 pounds) who has the itchies as well and had trouble digesting and gaining weight the first month we’ve had him. I have him on Wellness Ocean Core Adult but my vet would like him to get a puppy food for growth reasons. Any ideas?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.