need advice for low fat/low fiber dog food

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health need advice for low fat/low fiber dog food

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SUE G

My Yorkie suffers from pancreatitis. We have learned he does best on a low fat/low fiber diet. The vet is strongly encouraging me to feed him Royal Canin or Hill’s Rx canned food. Does anyone know of a good canned or dry food that is low fat/fiber and not Rx that I can try? The Hill’s and Royal Canin have by-products and additives that I do not like.
    Thank you in advance!

#37666 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Weruva Human Style: Funky Chunky Chicken Soup 13.4 fat/3 fiber, Jammin Salmon 12.2/3.6, Cirque de la Mer 9.8/3, Bed and Breakfast 12.4/3.4, Grandma’s Chicken Soup 12.5/3.1 At least you can mix this in with the RX food so it’s not all bad in the beginning until she can tolerate an increase in fat.

weruva.com

#37673 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Holistic Select- Dry Senior Health Chicken Meal & Rice Fiber-3.50% Fat-10%.. Wellness-Wet Complete Health Senior formula Fat 3%..Im using the Eukanuba Vet Prescription Intestinal, I think its Iams Sensitive Stomach in America. Fat-10% & Fiber 1.75%, there’s NO by-Product in the Eukanuba.. Ive found the senior foods seem to be the lowest in Fat & fiber..

#37686 Report Abuse
    SUE G

Thank you both so much for suggestions! I have checked the brands mentioned in both posts and the one that seems to be lowest in fat and fiber is Wellness. It looks to be pretty clean with no by-products, gluten, wheat, or grains. I am going to talk with my vet and switch from the Royal Canin that is filled with trash to this:
    http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/product-details.aspx?pet=dog&pid=124&dm=limitedingredientdiets#guaranteed-analysis

I appreciate the help from you both!!

#37696 Report Abuse
    SUE G

In case it might help someone else….here is another that is low in both fat and fiber:
    http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/product-details.aspx?pet=dog&pid=138&dm=grainfree#guaranteed-analysis

#37710 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

FYI, the canned foods I listed were in dry matter.

#38736 Report Abuse
    jgr789

I just posted a similar question about Low Fat/ Low fiber food in the Main section. Didn’t know there was a section on Diet and Health Issues and not sure how I got here.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.