šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Karen B

I am sorry if this has been discussed but I cannot seem to find it anywhere. Is anyone using this? My 2 year old Lab loves it and I like the fact it contains no meal or byproducts.

#72905 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

I put in a request to have it rated and review by Dr. Mike and the team as it is a brand new product. Its on my list of to-do’s for feeding it to my pitbull. It looks really food. We’re on a bag of EVO right now and I cant decide which food I want to feed him next.

#72916 Report Abuse
    Karen B

Thanks pitlove! I am still feeding mine NV Instinct with Raw bites (mixed with the Ultimate Protein) plus I always give her 1/4 can of NV venison, beef and salmon as a topping. Mine is very muscular, no fat and highly energetic! Hopefully Dr. Mike & team will review this soon!

#72917 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

I’d be surprised if this didn’t get a 5star rating. It’s really new which is why it hasn’t been reviewed yet. It’ll also be added to Editor’s Choice since Nature’s Variety is already included as an editor’s choice brand. It’s on my list to try next time I get to duck in my rotation

#72918 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Karen- I love Nature’s Variety products. I’ve fed the vension rawboost formula and the duck and turkey raw boost formula before and they will come back into my rotation for sure. thank you for sharing your experience with the new Ultimate protein line. really looking forward to trying the Duck.

#72939 Report Abuse
    Karen B

Aquaianqt & pitlove- Thanks for the feedback! The Ultimate also comes in Chicken!

#72940 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

ya i know. i feed a lot of chicken to my dog so I wanted to try the Duck for some variety :p

#72941 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

Same-it’s kinda rare to find a duck based kibble that’s high in protein. I have several Chicken based kibbles that push or are over 40%, so even though the chicken looks nice, the Duck is the one my eye is on. I’m hoping they do a lamb too

#72942 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

agreed i’d love to see more than just two protein sources from them. here’s hoping they come out with more.

Also I just realized the Duck has chicken in it, so people definitely need to make sure they still read the label if their dog can not have chicken. I also wish NV would stop using Tapioca and do sweet potatoe or something else as a binder.

#72949 Report Abuse
    Karen B

Lol pitlove, when I went to feed mine tonight I realized that it is Duck, Chicken & Egg! But having no meal is a big plus for me!

#72957 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Personally Im not really against meal simply because in a dry extruded form whole meats tend to only make up about 20% of the food as they are 80% water and the water is lost in the cooking process. Definitely still want to give this line a try though!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.