🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    theBCnut

Fluffy just turned 13 1/2. I can’t imagine how that much time could have possible gone by. I got her and 2 of her littermates when they were just little fluffballs. They were feral kittens. We spent weeks of holding them every chance we got to tame them and we were only ever mildly successful. I can’t tell you how many times we have been badly clawed up by her or one of the others. How could we have fallen so head over heels in love with these wild things that shared our house? I lost one of them early on, he got out and disappeared, never to return. Fluffy and Peekaboo never go outside, but they never seemed to care.

Fluffy had been looking her age just lately, then the cancer appeared on her front leg. She did well for several months, but today she let me know it was time. She has always been the sweetest cat at the vet, they have never seen the wild thing that I came to love. They have never been clawed up by her no matter what they have had to do to her over the years, not so much as a scratch. My vet cried every bit as much as I did when we put her down. He was crying for a completely different cat than me, but we will both miss her dearly. I can’t believe 13 1/2 years has gone by.

Good bye, my wild little girl

#33753 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Oh Patty, I’m so sorry. Much peace to you, my friend.

#33756 Report Abuse
    Shasta220

I’m so sorry! The loss of any animal, no matter how crazy or calm, is such a difficult part of life. A piece of her will stay with you forever.

#33757 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Awww, Patty, I am so very sorry for your loss! 🙁 (((((Patty))))) Hugs to you! RIP Fluffy!

#33759 Report Abuse

So sorry Patty. What a wonderful life of love you gave her. <3

#33763 Report Abuse

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family..

#33766 Report Abuse
    Dori

OMG Patty. I’m so very sorry for what you’re going through. Just devastating. Please take solace in the fact that she was so truly loved by you and you gave her so much care and that you continued to be there for her putting her last request to you before your own feeling of just one more day God please. My heart hurts for you. Bless you and your family.

#33777 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Thanks everyone. It’s hard for me to believe how much I came to love this cat that was so difficult to love on. She was truly beautiful, but I always reminded her that pretty is as pretty does and clawing your owner is not pretty. I’m worried about her sister, Peekaboo, who is the wildest of the lot and now alone. She is definitely going to have trouble adjusting and hasn’t moved much since I took Fluffy.

#33780 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Oh, Patty…I’m so very sorry for your loss. I’ve got tears in my eyes reading this. I love cats. In fact, my husband and I had 3 cats before we had our 3 human kids. We’ve always had at least one running around. They become such a part of our lives, just like our doggies. In fact, I still miss every cat we ever said goodbye to. Again, very sorry.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by Mom2Cavs.
    #33785 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Patty-
    Hard for me to write this cuz it makes me so sad. I’m really sorry. As I have written before, I also have taken in feral cats. There is something so special about them. When they finally trust you for just a few seconds even, it’s the best reward ever. I’m sure she will be missed by everyone. Thank you for giving her a great life. 🙁

#33821 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Yes, you do understand. There is something about having to work so hard at the relationship that makes it that much more special, and those rare moments so much sweeter.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.