šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    InkedMarie

I have not lost a dog recently but will start a topic for those I have lost in more recent years:

Molly, my wonderful smooth fox terrier. She got sick in September 2005 and died in February 2006.
    Emma, our American Foxhound who came to us from rescue. She died in 2007
    Tucker, a gorgeous big blue merle sheltie who got ill in June 2010 and died the following month
    Katie, the obese senior sheltie that we thought would only last a year but we had her for 3.5 years, she
    passed on in 2011

Not a day goes by that I don’t think of all of them, and the ones that left before them.

#16728 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

My dog Moose passed away in my arms on September 6, 2011. He was 11 years old. I had to put him down and it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I am still deeply grieving the loss of him because he was my doggy soulmate. I delivered the litter he was in, my friend owned his mother and father, and he had been with me since the day he was born. He was a Doberman and when people met him, they instantly changed their perceptions on what they thought a Doberman was. He was a big momma’s boy and a goofball and everyone that met him loved him. I miss him more than anything…

#17784 Report Abuse
    mydogisme
    Participant

Cyndi, I’m so sorry, I’m so upset myself right now, I didn’t notice this until now and I left you a message on the other page saying I hope Moose lives a long happy life, I’m so sorry. I can’t see straight my self right now. Dixie died in my arms yesterday at the vet, she has something going on with her eye and I ran up there in a panic thinking she got injured over night on Monday when they used the I.V to get meds in her. She went from my rolley polley baby at 18 lb which is only 1 pound over down to 10.2 yesterday and had lost so much muscle she had atrophy all around her face, my poor little baby. She went every where with me. I have a van and she owned the back. She had a pet hospital bed I bought her in November when she was getting weaker and I wanted her safer and comfortable, otherwise she was in her doggy seat belt in her booster seat. I saw the little fur baby saved from the impounded car on the news last night and Dixie looked just like her at 9 months! and I thought I have to go get her and save her, but I know she will have someone love her too I pray as much as I loved my baby. I miss Dixie more then anything as she was my very best friend in the world, I considered her not as a dog but as a child who needed to be loved and cared for as with a human child. Again, Cyndi, So very sorry for your loss even if it was in 2011,it doesn’t make the pain of loosing him go away.

#17785 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Mydogisme, I’m so sorry about Dixie.

#17786 Report Abuse
    mydogisme
    Participant

Thanks Marie, I cant stand this. I have to bury her today…she was my life

#17788 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Mydogisme, I saw your other post and replied to it. I thought you meant my dog Bailey anyways. DOn’t worry about it. I am so very sorry for your loss! It will be hard, very hard but it does get somewhat easier. I can’t talk about my Moose without losing it, but my Bailey, who is in my picture, helps me everyday. Hang in there…

#17792 Report Abuse
    mydogisme
    Participant

Thanks Cyndi, I stay here right now because I know I will have to face the day alone without Dixie. I have cried all night wanting her back next to me. Her Dr. said yesterday to get another one when I’m ready but I too started Dixie out on Kibbles and bits thinking it was good for her until I walked in to petco or pet depot, cant remember now to buy her toy’s, dresses, p.j’s, rain coat, you get the picture, anyway I looked at the dog food and then looked at hers. It was in the garbage that night and I put her on Wellness that night as well. I wonder still if that was the start of her illness, she ate maybe a week of the stuff, then I wonder about the yearly shots the vets say they need. I wonder if we are just making the vets rich and making our babies sick! I want to put Dixie’s picture up but I have to figure out how. Dixie, mommy love’s you my honey bunny

#17816 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Mydogisme….I’m so sorry to hear of your great loss. It is never easy to lose a beloved family member. And family members they are, not “just dogs or cats”. I recently lost the most special girl, Stella, a blenheim Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that was the light of my life and the beginning of my love affair with the breed. Stella came to me after she retired a show champion. She was 5 years old when she came to me and 12 when she passed to the bridge this past January 13th. Stella was a real beauty! She was a certified therapy dog and we visited nursing homes together and did library reading programs for 5 years, until I retired her in 2010. She was starting her illness then, I believe. Stella had a neurological disease Cavaliers get called Syringomyelia. I eventually had to put her to sleep and she passed in my arms. It was one of the hardest times of my life. So I do understand what you’re going through. Please know my thoughts are with you at this time.

In 2011 I also lost a best friend. He was a ragamuffin of a dog lol. Sometimes I couldn’t believe we actually paid money to get him, but I always felt we “rescued” him from a backyard breeder. He was a mixed breed, of course, but he was a Shih-Poo. He looked every bit the Poodle and was as smart as a full-blooded one. He also had lots of issues. Health and behaviorwise. Desi was his name and he was my boy! He was so bonded with me that he would actually guard me from my family! He loved, loved his toys and always had one in his mouth lol. I feel Desi went undiagnosed with a thyroid issue for some years and when he finally passed to the bridge, he was the reason I finally switched to a holistic vet. I miss him, but I will say not all his behavior problems. I worked with him, but he really was a difficult dog in many ways. Though, he sure did love me and I loved him! Laverne came to live with me a month after Desi passed away…..I say he sent her to me…she does have some of his quirks, though definitely not in the same way hahaha. He would have loved her! He did love all the Cavalier girls, he thought of them as his “women” I believe hahahaha! Ah..still miss him!

#17820 Report Abuse
    mydogisme
    Participant

Mom2Cavs, I have been up for several days and nights, can’t sleep without my little fuzz ball next to me. Your fur baby picture is beautiful. I held a support group for fibromyalgia for 2 years and Dixie was the door greater. If she wasn’t feeling well everyone was concerned. I had a lot of offers to baby sit while we held our class. She was more to me then I can even say. She was there for me when no one else was, make since? She could talk her doggy talk, and when she did something naughty, she would sit with head down and look up through her long beautiful eyelashes and I would melt. LOVE OF MY LIFE. When she died a part of me went with her

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.