Moved from North America to UK, need recs on food

Dog Food Advisor Forums Canine Nutrition Moved from North America to UK, need recs on food

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GhoulishGal

Hello, I have an 18 month old French Bulldog, and I’m looking for grain free foods in the UK. Most of the brands here (like Akela) don’t seem to be listed, and their ingredients read differently than in Canada/US.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

GG

#68081 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Check out Oven-Baked Tradition, Orijen, Acana, Horizon Pet Foods, Petcurean, Pronature, FirstMate, and Nutreco.

#68083 Report Abuse
    GhoulishGal

Yeah… not one of those is available where I am. I can get Orijen and Acana (same Canadian Company) on Amazon, but the rest… specialty online stores.

#68087 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

Ordering online may work (I do it a lot), but I definitely saw Acana and Orijen last time I was out there. Whatever their big box store was had some foods (cant remember off the top of my head) but in a few specialty shops I went to I saw Champion Foods out there. What brands are in the stores you go to? I think applaws is a uk brand as well

#68127 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Fish4Dogs, Addiction Pet Foods (New Zealand), James Wellbeloved?

#68130 Report Abuse
    GhoulishGal

Ooh, Pets At Home (the box store in Scotland) has James Wellbeloved. You guys rock!

I was looking for Akela Original but even that seems to be an order only unless I wanted to go to the east coast of England, and is temporarily out of stock on the recommended website. It seems a little high in ash though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.