šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ab1028

My dog has been getting bitten by mosquitos quite a bit lately. Is there anything out there that can help them keep the mosquitos away?

#46470 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I’ve been using Halo Herbal Dip (can be made into a spray) for the past two years and either feed Bug Off Garlic or Flea Free Supplement. There are also natural products out there with rose geranium it (like Sentry Natural Defense) or you can purchase rose geranium essential oil.

#46490 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Oh my gosh! The mosquitoes are horrible this year where I live. I can go outside in the backyard to wander through my garden and do a poop patrol and have no less than 10 new bites by the time I come in. Mosquitoes love me, but seem to leave my dogs alone, thankfully.

#46509 Report Abuse
    ab1028

Thanks for all of the help!

#46520 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Unfortunately, my dog with food intolerance issues reacted to Springtime’s Big Off Garlic or if be using that. I tried it and both of my ate it right up just thrown into their food. I used the granules. It’s know to help deter fleas, flies, mosquitoes, etc. Here’s a link to the product: http://www.springtimeinc.com/product/bug-off-garlic-dogs/All-Natural-Dog-Supplements

I had planned to use BOG with Mercola Natural Flea and Tick Defense: http://products.mercola.com/healthypets/natural-flea-and-tick-control/

Unfortunately, since BOG didn’t work for us, I resorted to more toxic methods and ended up with Sentinel, which does nothing to deter mosquitoes. I also have the Halo Herbal Dip that Sandy recommended to me last summer. Her little cutie s wear a few drops on a bandana.

#46522 Report Abuse
    kvee

I give Susie Bragg’s ACV and no problem with mosquitoes. Also, we live in L.A. so there is not a whole lot of mosquitoes and she spends most of her time indoors or at the park.

I have come across essential oils DIY sprays to repel them. Oils like Citronella, Geranium, Eucalyptus. In my personal experience, I have easier (and cheaper) access to Eucalyptus oil at my local Target and/or Wal-Mart.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Karla

#46548 Report Abuse
    ab1028

Thanks everyone! I will try and see if I can find any of that stuff.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.