Low Calorie Quick Treats

Dog Food Advisor Forums Dog Treats Low Calorie Quick Treats

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Zach M

Hey guys, I just had some questions on what you guys use for super low calorie dog treats. Post what you guys use below, commercial or homemade.

#53362 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Buddy Biscuit itty bittys, SoJo’s, The Honest Kitchen are some I use.

#53363 Report Abuse
    Zach M

I had looked at the honest kitchen and was wondering if I should try them. I’ll check out the others. Thanks! Anyone else?

#53370 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hi Zach:
    I haven’t bought any treats in a long time, I spend enough time reading labels of pet foods so I haven’t spent any time tracking down healthy treats. lol I have been using pieces of Stella & Chewy’s freeze dried Pheasant Dinner patties for treats lately. Stella and Chewy also make freezed dried treats which were a big hit for Bobby, I just haven’t replenished his supply. I imagine they would be low cal, not sure, but Bobby gives them two paws up.

I keep meaning to make some biscuits but I just haven’t had the time. I do make tiny meatballs, freeze them, and just put enough in the refrigerator for a few days worth of treats. If you are interested in hearing about this easy treat recipe, just let me know via a post here. 🙂

#54585 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I am also wondering about commercial treats, for homemade I like to use bits of raw carrot or apple(no seeds or core), or plain, boiled, chicken. These can be un-ideal because they don’t keep long and need to be refrigerated, so I am also looking for low-cal commercial ones.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Dog_Obsessed.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.