šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Regina D

I finally (after weeks & weeks) found a food Alf can eat without stomach upset – Natural Balance Lamb & Brown Rice. I am going to keep him on this for at least a month, as he has not had a stomach upset at all while being on this food, and he eats 3 cans/day heartily. Alf is 50 lbs, and I feed in 3 feedings/day.
    However, I am not that thrilled with what I have learned about NB, or about brown rice. Therefore, I would like to wean (or at least alternate) him onto some other brand lamb LID. I’d like to stick to lamb since he is doing well on that protein. Someone on this forum suggested Wellness Simple Lamb & Oatmeal. When I checked the reviews, WSL&O gets only 2.5 stars vs. NBL&BR gets 4. What I read about the Wellness company sounds very good, vs. NB, which is now owned by DelMonte.
    I want to do the best for Alf, please enlighten me!

• This topic was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Regina D.
    #46761 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Are you looking for canned or any limited ingredient? Other LID foods include Natures Variety Instinct LID, Canidae Pure, California Natural grainfree, Zignature, Canine Caviar, Wellness Simple..google for their websites & look around.

#46768 Report Abuse
    Regina D

Need a canned food – Alf won’t eat dry.

#46814 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Ok, check out the foods I mentioned & see if they have a canned.

#46819 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

I have tried both Wellness and NB LID canned foods. The vet recommended the NB and that worked well. Next time I needed it, I got the wellness duck and oatmeal…..Not Good! It has a lot of carageenan and IDK if that’s the difference or not. I haven’t tried any other brand.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.