šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Byron M

Any suggestions / recommendations for large breed weight management Dry brands?

#90604 Report Abuse
    Craig T

We use Blue Buffalo Wilderness Healthy Weight Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food for our nearly 10 year old Labrador Retriever

#90623 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Byron-
    Is your dog a full grown adult? If yes, you don’t necessarily need to choose a large breed recipe. I’ve fed both Victor and NutriSource senior/weight management foods successfully. But, I mostly just try to pick kibble that is a little lower than average in both fat and calories and then add a little topper to keep them feeling full. The brand I feed my lab mix dogs most often is Whole Earth Farms. Good luck to you.

#90629 Report Abuse
    Susan W

My golden has been on the pudgy side for about 5 years (she’s 11 now). I stopped allowing her free access to food & started feeding her once a day. I also switched her food to VeRUS. The formula I feed her is the VeRUS Opticoat but they also have an Adult Weight Management and an Adult Maintenance, among others.
    VeRUS has never had a food recall – and they’ve been in business for almost 30 years. If you contact them & ask for samples, they’ll send you some really nice sized samples.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.