Large Breed Dry Recommendation Needed

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Large Breed Dry Recommendation Needed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anthony S

Hello,

I have a 1yo labradoodle girl who is very energetic, but not excited about the Wellness Large Breed dog food I am currently giving her. Looking for something to transition over to that would be a bit more appetizing for her (preferably something found in Petco or PetSmart). I know Wellness is on the top end of dry foods that can be purchased, but I feel she is bored with it. Anything else out there as nutritious, but may have a better taste? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

#65150 Report Abuse
    Laura M

I have a 2 year old, 70 lb. Wirehaired Pointing Griffon that is very athletic but had some stomach issues as a young puppy. I wanted to get him on a food that had a higher protein/fat ratio than most of the limited ingredient diets that I had him on. I gradually got him on Orijen and he has done very well on it. He also gets several brands of canned rotated in with his Orijen. I’m not sure if Petco or Petsmart sells it but you can get it at Chewy.com if they deliver to your area. Good luck with your girl.

#65151 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hmmm…, Anthony, after seeing your Avatar, I wonder where she gets her energy from? Lol! Do you think that your pup is close to full grown yet? I’m just wondering if you or others think that she still needs to be on a food with a limited amount of calcium still or that most of her growing is done and your selection of foods can increase? I believe that either Pet Smart or Petco carries Nature’s Variety. They are also a highly rated dog food. Their food is a little high for my budget. But, I would feed it if I didn’t have a zoo and college kids to pay for! You can open a lot more options if you would consider ordering food online as well. I was skeptical at first, but now do it regularly. I feed my lab mix dogs Victor grain free joint health kibble with a variety of toppers with success. But, it is sold mostly at feed stores and smaller pet boutique type stores. Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.